• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

'Sports Drinks'

T

Tekkerz

I was just reading about a class action against coca-cola over their 'Vitamin Water' range of Sports drinks.
[I cant post a link to the article here because I have less than 15 posts]

The article just confirmed to me what a friend of mine who used to work for coke said about that particular drink being just as bad a drinking a coke itself, ie each bottle contains almost as much sugar as the same amount of coke and the so-called 'natural' ingredients constitute less than one percent of the ingredients.

Does anyone know of any other 'sports drinks' which may be more harmful than good and also what do people think about 'sports drinks'?

whenever a client/customer asks me if they should drink while working out them I usually tell them they would be better off drinking plenty of water.

Does anyone agree/disagree with that advice?

So true. All the girls at my old work used to buy the vitamen water thinking it was good for them and far better than a soft drink. Then I pointed out to them how many carbs were in it especially sugars and they realised it was not all that different at all.

Water is the way to go. Especially since you need so many litres a day to stay properly hydrated you could send yourself broke drinking powerade. Having said that powerade/gatorade etc do offer some benefits and I've been known to down one or two on a hangover but water is good enough to do the job.

What are sports drinks anyway? Flavoured water with some electrolytes and some have energy ingredients. Why bother? Drink plenty of water. Load up on the carbs before working out.

I was just reading about a class action against coca-cola over their 'Vitamin Water' range of Sports drinks.

The article just confirmed to me what a friend of mine who used to work for coke said about that particular drink being just as bad a drinking a coke itself, ie each bottle contains almost as much sugar as the same amount of coke and the so-called 'natural' ingredients constitute less than one percent of the ingredients.

Does anyone know of any other 'sports drinks' which may be more harmful than good and also what do people think about 'sports drinks'?

whenever a client/customer asks me if they should drink while working out them I usually tell them they would be better off drinking plenty of water.

I think it's best you don't refer to it as water.. people take that stuff for granted and under-estimate it. Cuz it's just water and can't be good.

Clients should be told that it's called Anabolic Di-Hydrogen Monoxide H2O Matrix.... and 65% of our body is made up of this stuff and it turbo-charges all the reactions in the body while filtering the bad stuff...

Sports drinks certainly have their place in the fitness industry, yet many consumers drink these products as "everyday drinks" thinking that they are healthier alternatives than carbonated equivalents. Sure, a lower acid content, but still filled with sugars which certainly are not good for the general population.

But this vitamin water is a joke. I admit it is very clever marketing to make "lolly water" seem healthy for you. But it's just water and sugar fortified with vitamins to make it "healthy".

If you want a fluid with some sugars in it, try fruit juice.

If you want a fluid with sugars and some nutrition in it, try milk.

Both can be had for about $1 a litre, which is about as much as you're likely to want to drink in an hour unless you're pumping iron at midday in Kalgoorlie or something.

im sold. where do i send my money?

you just need to PM me your credit card number and CCV number and I shall bill you for it ($50 per 2L bottle) and send it to you.

Currently the product is not in stock though, but it will be in tomorrow
*walks to the tap with 2L bottle*

Anabolic Di-hydrogen monoxide H2O Matrix

Ingredients

Carbohydrates....0g
Protein..............0g
Fat...................0g
Zinc..................2mg
Magnesium.........20mcg
Vitamin C...........4mcg
Selenium............8mcg
Iron..................1.5mg

Proprietary Blend
H2O Cellular recovery Matrix......2000mL

--------------------

Consume 1 bottle 2 times daily

Description:
- Increases rate of protein synthesis by 800% *
- Increases Muscle cellular hydration by 10000000% *
- Turbo-charges body's metabolism *
- Holds Catabolism at gunpoint *
- reduces bad acidity levels in body by 1000% *
- Reduces blood toxicity by 400%*
- Increases lipolysis by 900% *

For the real athletes who want extreme fat loss and extreme muscle gain from a product which is perfectly safe.

*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration

what about the pump? its gotta get me a crazy pump

yea, users experience very good pumps with it and majority experience ridiculous intracellular muscle volumization.

A test was conducted for 5 gym sessions where a group of 10 persons were given Anabolic DHMO while another 10 persons weren't. The group that took Anabolic DHMO experienced workouts which lasted 30 mins longer without fatigue and 53% more strength.

Honestly, if you had some awesome packaging, you'd make a killing on it.

haha.... yea i'd like to put it on the website i'm developing, just for a joke... some clowns out there probably would start ordering it... especially if they figure Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler etc drink it up like hell.

In spite of it being so cold and snowy here in winter,summer gets surprisingly hot and humid.A day cycling in this heat,and the fact that I sweat rivers when hot,sports drinks are the only thing that cuts it.Water just won`t do it.
I get a 2 litre bottle,tip half into another bottle and fill with water.Makes the bike a bit heavier but it keeps the stamina up to more than match it.
After a big night on the turps I`ll skull about half a litre before bed and sip the rest all through the next day to keep hydrated.
They are all basically the same though so I go for flavour.There are dozens to choose from over here and they are cheap to boot.

I buy Powerade powder and mix up 1 litre bottles to take to the gym.

you just need to PM me your credit card number and CCV number and I shall bill you for it ($50 per 2L bottle) and send it to you.

Currently the product is not in stock though, but it will be in tomorrow
*walks to the tap with 2L bottle*

Anabolic Di-hydrogen monoxide H2O Matrix

Ingredients

Carbohydrates....0g
Protein..............0g
Fat...................0g
Zinc..................2mg
Magnesium.........20mcg
Vitamin C...........4mcg
Selenium............8mcg
Iron..................1.5mg

Proprietary Blend
H2O Cellular recovery Matrix......2000mL

--------------------

Consume 1 bottle 2 times daily

Description:
- Increases rate of protein synthesis by 800% *
- Increases Muscle cellular hydration by 10000000% *
- Turbo-charges body's metabolism *
- Holds Catabolism at gunpoint *
- reduces bad acidity levels in body by 1000% *
- Reduces blood toxicity by 400%*
- Increases lipolysis by 900% *

For the real athletes who want extreme fat loss and extreme muscle gain from a product which is perfectly safe.

*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration

hahaha awesome

It depends what you have set out to achieve Tekkerz.

If you want to spare muscle glycogen whilst at the same time increasing nutrient delivery to the muscles; limiting immune system suppression; minimizing muscle damage, and be in a better shape for muscle recovery after your workout, then I recommend what I have included in my 2200 and 2800 “diet” in the pre/during and after workout drinks.

Hormones play a huge part around the training time and have to be managed and manipulated to minimise muscle damage by keeping cortisol at bay through increasing insulin etc. Workout time comes into play here as well as I have already mentioned in my other articles on training beyond a 45minute time limit and the effects it has on one’s testosterone levels.

So in short, I’d say for an optimum workout and recovery, you would definitely need something more than water and you’d need the right type of food and or drink as well.

Fadi.

If it isnt water or milk then its no good..

People are ****ing idiots oh VITAMIN water it is healthy.