• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I be drinking protien shake??

Had it first time today, holy shit did it make my natural shitty tasting protein with water taste good :D

I had a look on Aminoz and had a look at the dymatize Elite Whey. I noticed that the 4.5kg bag only had 77 servings?? It says that it has 22g of protein per serve, why the hell are the serves ~58g then?

Or is it a typo on Aminoz?

I had a look on Aminoz and had a look at the dymatize Elite Whey. I noticed that the 4.5kg bag only had 77 servings?? It says that it has 22g of protein per serve, why the hell are the serves ~58g then?

Or is it a typo on Aminoz?

Ah just found this topic :)

up to 158 serves in total, this was a bit of a typo that I'm going to rectify right now. It varies slightly in between packets though, because a scoop size weighs differently depending upon the flavour. For example, 1 serve of the chocolate is heavier than 1 serve of the vanilla or strawberry.

It's about 30g a serve on average - some heavier some lighter.

Ah sweet, thanks for clearing that up. I just had a quick look at this stuff that everyone has been recommending and noticed that it wasn't such good value at all. Lucky it is a typo.

No worries. The Elite whey is a great product - very similar to the Optimum 100%, but much more cost effective.

I'll have to grab some in a week. Does the Vanilla taste similar to the ON whey Vanilla Ice Cream? I am using a Syn-Tec Vanilla protein at the moment and I don't really like the taste at all.

guys...
Ive just bought dextrose from coles yesterday...
cooper's dextrose...

went to the gym today... added 1 scoop WPC(unflavoured) 1 scoop dextrose...

I had a hard time drinking it... It feels like drinking sugar syrup...
is my ratio for protein and dextrose wrong?

are there anyways to reduce the sweetness?
thx

guys...
Ive just bought dextrose from coles yesterday...
cooper's dextrose...

went to the gym today... added 1 scoop WPC(unflavoured) 1 scoop dextrose...

I had a hard time drinking it... It feels like drinking sugar syrup...
is my ratio for protein and dextrose wrong?

are there anyways to reduce the sweetness?
thx

I actually thought you were joking Lucku, sorry mate. Yes of course there is a way to reduce the sweetness...increase the water. Re the ratio, it's a good idea to have 4:1 carb to protein pre/during and for the PWO. So start your weighing. For an alternative, please do check the 2200/2800 calorie "diet" which I've added to this forum. You can even google it, it seems most of my articles have been taken by google engine.

Here I found it for you if you're interested: http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8997-diet-1-2200-calorie-food-plan.html

Fadi.

:x
yea.. I'll increase the water nxt time :D

Yup... saw the diet.. have been increasing my carbs intake...
love the white bread for breakfast :D

Lucku, I have also started with the Coopers Dextrose this week as well. I found it to be VERY sweet and it was a bit hard at first. As I have become accustomed though, I just scull it right down as I know it is good for me. After a while of drinking all these crazy potions you won't have a problem.

Previously I was using Maltodextrin, it tasted a heap better. But I was paying $28 for 2kg and I have also found (from reading) that Dextrose does a better job straight after workout.

What about Dextrose by itself before the workout for energy?

Will buy some tomorrow!

What about Dextrose by itself before the workout for energy?

Will buy some tomorrow!

It will raise your insulin sharply and give you an insulin spike. That's what I aim for. It's good to also add a very small amount of protein. So something like 24g carb to 6g protein and zero fat. Check out the 2200 calorie food plan for an exact amount and when if you're interested in placing your body in a more anabolic state as opposed to a catabolic one. All the best.

Fadi.

Bought 2kg of Coopers Dextrose today at Coles. Cost under $7! Will try it tomorrow pre and post workout.