• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quitting Smoking

From cancerqld.com:

After 8 hours
• Nicotine will start to leave your body.
• Your heart rate and blood pressure will begin to return to normal.
• The level of oxygen in your blood will start to increase.

After 12 hours
• There will be almost no nicotine remaining in your body.

After 24 hours
• The level of carbon monoxide in your blood will have dropped dramatically.

After 3 to 5 days
• Your sense of taste and smell will improve.
• You will feel and sleep better and your breath, clothes and hair will smell fresher.

After 1 month
• Your immune system will begin to show signs of recovery.
• You will experience less shortness of breath and be able to
exercise more easily than before.

Well done! Keep it up

Thanks for the posts guys! 15 days and counting, the hardest part is definitely behind me now, the physical cravings are gone now, all I have to master now is the smoking associated activities...

* phone rings, - outside for a smoke
* Warming up the car before work on a cold morning - outside for a smoke
* Working on my car/bike with a mate - out for a smoke
* After ANY meal
* Instead of any meal

Although, more than 2 weeks now, next stop! 1 month :)

Hi Morgan,

I know I'm a bit late but I was just going to say don't listen to the people here, they don't know what they're on about mate. Smoking is the best thing you can offer your health. Just think of the consequences and ramification you are causing by taking such a weak stand and giving up smoking. I mean to say have you no heart? How about the doctors, lawyers, cigarette company employees and all the people that it takes to make a cigarette what it is; your action can jeopardise their income. What have they done to you except suck your blood dry?

Well done my friend. That's the best decision you've made I'm sure. Congratulation Morgan.

Bit of reverse psychology never hurt anyone!

Fadi.

I used to smoke as well from 17 to 22, quit 4months ago and feel fantastic. Got back into cardio and started progressive resistance training 2 months ago. Already i've noticed changes in my lung capacity and my blood pressure is slowly returning to a healthy level. Its so much easier to bulk up when your a non smoker as well i've found which im in the process of doing + the extra cash 2, so many benefits of quitting :)

Thanks for the posts guys! 15 days and counting, the hardest part is definitely behind me now, the physical cravings are gone now, all I have to master now is the smoking associated activities...

* phone rings, - outside for a smoke
* Warming up the car before work on a cold morning - outside for a smoke
* Working on my car/bike with a mate - out for a smoke
* After ANY meal
* Instead of any meal

Although, more than 2 weeks now, next stop! 1 month :)

Ah yes those little habbits and routines

when i gave up mornings didn't seem the same, morning coffee first smoke of the day, sitting at the computer no smokes beside me
i got over that easy enough

the biggest test to my will power was when i out for a few drinks with mates , sitting down having a drink and you know how a smoke and a drink go together watching as my friends lit up, but i was strong and didn't give into temptation

the thing that kept me going along with the health side was also seeing the extra dollars in my bank account first few weeks i was thinking shit where is all this extra money coming from

I have never smoked but my husband's best mate just started, what can we do or say to him?!?!? Why do people smoke when it's so dangerous? (still reeling from the latest anti-smoking ad I saw on TV with the clogged aorta, ewwww)

ermm i though smoking usually starts from teen?

its rare to see adults start picking up smoking (@least for me)

i started smoking when i was 14 (curious), intenesive when i was 16-18, as i was working, and somehow smokers always get to have "smoking breaks" while non smokers never had a chance to have breaks.

social smoker all the way
but i stopped once i started training... :D

however, on a side note.. (do not quote me)
smoking tends to "increase" your stamina, as my smoker friends told me that becoz they take in so much CO2, they dont need much Oxygen when running... therefore their stamina is good...
i have 2 friends who are smokers that run 2.4km under 9:45

Ah yes those little habbits and routines

the biggest test to my will power was when i out for a few drinks with mates , sitting down having a drink and you know how a smoke and a drink go together watching as my friends lit up, but i was strong and didn't give into temptation

i agree on this part!!!
haha...
but whenever i reject that 1 cigarette, i feel good! :D

Dude

Congrats on giving the cancer sticks away! I've been off the smokes for 75 days now and I still get the cravings, but every time I do I jst think about how painful the first 2 weeks of quiting were. I figure I've already saved $1100 and money was one of the biggest motivators for me to give up.

good for you man... a couple of my mates quit.. one that was playing touch footy, through out the season he went from being one of the slower players to the fastest. good luck