• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Roo Ragu

SubCom

500gms Kangaroo Mince
1 Onion
3 dried bay leaves
half a clove of garlic
2-3 tbsps of oregano
salt
pepper
2 medium sized capsicum
1 Carrot
tomato paste
1 tin of tomatoes

Serves 4.

Dice Garlic and onion and cut carrots. Add to pan with a lot of olive oil. Brown onions. Add salt, pepper and oregano to colour.

Add kangaroo mince. Brown in large-ish chunks. Add tomato paste. Add bay leaves tear in quarters before adding.

Add tinned tomatoes and capsicum.

Cook until liquid thickens.

Voila.

Cook some pasta al dente. Serve with Parmesan or Pecorino.

sounds awesome dude, i love roo steaks! this dish would also be alright on some natural rice :) will def give this a go one day cheers

Coles sell it in vac packs.

P.S Ragu(Italian) and Ragout (French) are 2 different types of meat together ;)

Coles and Woolworths both sell it.
I am very new to this site but have been eating roo steaks for a while now. I see i have been doing the right thing. Will def be eating this next week
(had a roo roast last night)

I get my Roo most the time from Coles, where, in comparison to other meats (especially Lamb) the price hasn't gone up a great deal in the 6 or so years I've been eating it.

I still can't get my wife to try it tho!

MMM I love roo meat - going to try this out!

P.S Marzz I can not reply to your PM regarding the t-shirts because it says you can not receive pm's?? - I have listed the XL's in the sales/Ironville post!

Thanks mate.

If you go to Coles - check out the Roo 'mini roasts'. They are $12.00 for a twin pack, which look like little girelo roasts.
Best way to cook them -

* Pre Heat over to 220 deg.
* Put both in an oven dish - covered with al foil.
* Cook for 25-30 mins.
* Remove from oven, take al foil off, and put back in for 10 mins.
* Remove from oven, re cover with al foil, and let sit for 10 mins.

Subcom. Just tried this tonight. Took me a bit longer than it shoudl ahve but thats the 1st time. Mate nice rec was happy with how it turned out. Im not a fan of capsicum at all but i still put it in i was thinking next time ill put zucini in (i dont like that ether but i guess extra vegs)

Marzz im in LOVE the roast they have. Had that on Saturday Night.
Have one left in the frezzer for next saturday.

Yeah mate it's nice eh! The key with kangaroo is to cook it so it's just moist. If it's too over done it tastes too gamey..

I agree with marzz i tried it once and well i threw it out it was disgusting, however it's a great source of protein and super low in fat