• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how can a skinny bloke bulk up?

M

mmsags

gday people im keen on bulking up and have been trying for over 6 months now with little result.
Could you give me some tips on bulking up?

A little info about myself
Im 17 male
5'4
53kg (116.6 lbs)
go to the gym 3-5 times a week and do about 5 laps around a footy field after (cant stop cardio because i need to get better for army tests)
i eat lyk a horse

my email/messenger is mickey-teen (at) hotmail.com
im not looking to be a body builder just of average size yet very fit n ripped
been kinda frustrated lately nd any help would be fantastic
cheers,
mike

Welcome to the forums Mike.

I am quite tired (it being 3.45am) so I'll try to keep this short & sweet :)

I'll do dot points to make it easy to follow

* A perfect diet that is strictly adhered to (Heavy in carbs, proteins & good fats)
* Possibly a weight gaining supplement from a health food store like GNC for example
* A heavy weights program, focusing on compound exercises like chin ups / bench press etc
* Spread your workouts thru-out the week, Mon-Wed-Sat for example, never 2 days in a row
* No less than 8 hrs sleep a night, muscle growth occurs while you sleep
* Don't do as much cardio, it makes it a lot harder as you are constantly burning everything off.

Good luck mate.

Lots of oats, rice and pasta man, fuggin tonnes of it and buckets of protein rich meats with it. like fish, chicken, beef.
Eat all the time every 2 hours having a small serving of both (Carb/Protien) easy enough to do even for a small guy.
If you cant do that prepare shakes the night before. use oats and protein powder make like porrigide shakes. just make sure you have desent meals with proper carbs and meats.
Bulk up then rip bro, takes to long to do both. hit the weights hard and go to your heaviest everytime. dont piss around with lite weights unless your warming up.
Dont worry bout counting calories and fat content a 50 odd kg dude dont need to, any extra body weight you'll burn of with your cardio anyway.

Good on ya man.

Last edited: