• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you don't have sore muscle next day was your work out pointless?

gtrb26dett

Hi I'm curious if you can work out and do weights but work out in a way so that you are able to walk the next day.

Or is it pointless if your not sore.

Just I want to tone up and do weights but I don't want to be very sore the next day as my job is very physical and I need to be able to walk and bend or I can not perform my job well.

Thanks Cat

I think the workout is still good even if you are not sore but I generally aim to be sore at least once or twice a week. Don't want those muscles to get lazy.

-Mike

You can have a decent work out, without the sore muscles the following day(s), but the gains will be slower coming.
Me, I love the aches and sore muscles after a really good training session. I feel like I've been lazy if I don't feel it.
On the other hand a friend of mine trains real hard but claims to have no aches or sore muscles at all.

For me low rep workout do not make me sore but that does not mean hypertrophy has not occured. I generally get sorer after a higher rep workout 10+

Getting sore the next day just means that you have you small motor units to tear.

See the thread Huge in a Hurry, it details strategies to minimize soreness and focus on your large motor units.

As Markos in Frankston says, women who lift iron will not get massive, but women who don't lift iron will get massive.

No matter what you do, the first time your gonna start lifting your more than likely to get sore anyway. As long as your not over training.

Very few of my clients get sore after sessions UNLESS they have a few weeks off. Sometimes a new exercise like Tabata Thrusters may leave them sore, but its generally just tightness they feel.