• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

drinking

Well, it's nothing to me. But what is interesting is the defensiveness that pops up in these discussions. It could be beer, it could be other parts of our diet or our training methods. It always starts as "X does me good," then becomes "X does me no harm," and finally "maybe X does me harm but I don't care."

I have not changed my stance in this thread since my first post???

I have said I will have a crack at not drinking though to see what differences it has for me. Even if I do notice something good of it I still reckon I will drink beer. :)

I try and be an open minded person and accepting to all peoples opinions and views. I just hate it when it gets shoved back at you, when you started saying not to be a wuss about it and basically man up and be true to yourself or whatever you were getting at THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. I know alot of this stuff you are saying is fact, and I knew alot of those facts before picking up a stubbie, yet I still choose to have a drink on the weekend for my enjoyment.

Drinking is probably my last vice which Im working on curbing. I cant see myself quitting completely for the time being as I'm still young and I enjoy my social life as it is but I do try to restrict it to days that Im not training, including not the day before so that limits it to only about 2-3 possible drinking days a week and not always even then.
Last time I checked I had a BF of 11% which is down from 15% a year before when I was a massive pisshead so I guess Im doing something right.