• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much salt can your body handle?

kindred

I tried a salt water flush and the water and salt was totally absorbed into my system so thats about 200% the daily recommended amount.

How much salt can a normal body handle? I was thinking of trying again with maybe 4 teaspoons of salt which is about 400% the daily recommended does.

I am a big fan of natural/alternative therapies but sadly a lot of them are
just plain quackery and this sounds like another one.

Im willing to give it a go because i have abdominal pain and the doctors i see said they couldnt do anything for me.

Damn it all absorbed again :S I used 3 teaspoons this time. I am determined to get this thing to work even if it kills me!

If i cant do something it bugs me. What ever it is if i decide i wanna do it or be able to do it or understand it if i cant it stays with me until I can.

about 1200mg is the recommended daily intake of sodium a teaspoon contains about 2500 mg.
It is difficult for the body to pass excess sodium because it can only pass so much through your urine at one time, so dyhydration becomes a very serious side effect of to much sodium.

taking into account your other thread on hydration i beleive your prolly not properly hydrated throughout the day and this could cause your abdominal pain, and by drinking salt water your prolly making it worse.
The bottom line is, stop drinking salt water and drink more water more often.