• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long does it take to rehydrate yourself?

kindred

How long does it take to rehydrate yourself?

If I start drinking large volumes of water now like 4-6 liters how many days will it take for my body to be fully hydrated?

Not long, only a few hours at the very most. The only time it takes days is if you were dehydrated to collapse and being hospitalised, like in a heatwave.

Basically, if you're pissing and it's pale yellow to clear, you're drinking enough. If you're not pissing and it's dark and painful, you're not drinking enough.

Lots of experience with dehydration and rehydration in the Army :)

Last edited:
Then you should be able to recite the hydration rules yes?

One of the rules, Drink on schedule rather than relying on thirst. Also too much water can be just as harmful as deyhydration

Well, yeah, schedules. But more commonly it was said, "if you're not pissing, and pissing clear, you're not drinking enough." That was simple and crude enough for grunts to understand.

Since all the water we had, we had to carry, excessive hydration wasn't really a problem.

Nor is it for most modern people. I don't recall people collapsing in the street from hyperthermia twenty years ago before people started carrying drink bottles everywhere.

Every meal, have a drink to wash your meal down with. That cup of water/juice/milk/whatever, plus the water in the food itself, that's going to be plenty for you, unless you're doing hours of cardio in the heat.