• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ebe139c302ba84f339a3adb0e383f345.jpg

100ml gippsland dairy double cream
50g well naturally sugar free dark chocolate

Microwave for 30 sec to melt and soften ingredients

45g Choc WPC

Stir in and microwave for an additional 30 seconds and it takes on a pudding texture

Add 50g of peanut butter for added deliciousness

ebe139c302ba84f339a3adb0e383f345.jpg

100ml gippsland dairy double cream
50g well naturally sugar free dark chocolate

Microwave for 30 sec to melt and soften ingredients

45g Choc WPC

Stir in and microwave for an additional 30 seconds and it takes on a pudding texture

Add 50g of peanut butter for added deliciousness

Wow! How many calories would that have?

Just a snack not a core meal I presume?

Wow! How many calories would that have?

Just a snack not a core meal I presume?

8c92007d55a6d8965601fb187f5ea025.jpg

Yeah here's the macros, it's a pretty calorie dense meal.

I'm ketogenic at the moment and am following a 16/8 intermittent fasting protocol. So right now while I'm trying to hit around 3000 cals a day I need to smash in some good fats to make it happen :)

Last edited:
If anyone is wondering why I'd want to consume 3000 calories but stay in ketosis it's because I'm increasing my training volume at the moment (trying to increase strength) but not looking to bulk up and want to stay fat adapted.

It does look good though. One of these have been my treat after a hard workout or big cardio day. Just 176 calories, 4g fat, 4g protein and 20g carbs.

4424982.jpg

Wow, so over 1000 calories with peanut butter!

I couldnt eat that little volume food for the cals!

whenever I was keto I loved my fatty meats and cheeses. And eggs with cream scrambled.

I was prob protein heavy whenever I was keto

Wow, so over 1000 calories with peanut butter!

I couldnt eat that little volume food for the cals!

whenever I was keto I loved my fatty meats and cheeses. And eggs with cream scrambled.

I was prob protein heavy whenever I was keto
Yeah, I've been told to limit protein to 100g for true nutritional ketosis. But seriously fuck that, wtf would you eat?
Better off just having a bowl of ice cream.
How do you figure that?

Ok so clearly I am retarded when it comes to uploading pics from my iPad.

also I have the juice of a lemon in warm water about 20 mins before my 3 solid food meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) but not any of my shakes or protein bars.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been told to limit protein to 100g for true nutritional ketosis. But seriously fuck that, wtf would you eat?

How do you figure that?

For 1000 calories I could have a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and a big protein shake in water and be the same protein as well as the ice cream would taste a lot better.

Never had it sorry.

Keto: no metabolic advantage over protein matched non keto diet. But if you like drinking oil and cream then it's awesome haha

Never had it sorry.

Keto: no metabolic advantage over protein matched non keto diet. But if you like drinking oil and cream then it's awesome haha
I had this stoush with [MENTION=8412]MaxBrenner[/MENTION] on his facebook page. I'm not disputing there's no metabolic advantage but that's not the only factor in weight loss.

The main reasons I stick with a keto/LCHF diet are
  • There's scientific evidence that high fat/low carb meals blunt your insulin response meaning you feel less hungry less often and require less food to be satiated. I lost 9kgs in 3 months this year with ease on an intermittent fasting keto diet (took me 6 months to achieve the same thing leangains style)
  • Cravings a drastically reduced
  • Despite their being scientific evidence of no metabolic advantage I've found I've been able to eat ~300 more calories per day on keto than with leangains and achieving better results

Put it this way I followed a leangains IIFYM style diet for 6 months last year and found it a lot more difficult and draining than following LCHF, meaning I believe it's a diet that you can only sustain for a certain period of time. I believe I'll eat LCHF for the rest of my life because of how much better it makes me look and feel.

Just ask my GF :D I've gone from an angry calorie counting IIFYM gorilla to a zen-like keto buddha

I had this stoush with [MENTION=8412]MaxBrenner[/MENTION] on his facebook page. I'm not disputing there's no metabolic advantage but that's not the only factor in weight loss.

The main reasons I stick with a keto/LCHF diet are
  • There's scientific evidence that high fat/low carb meals blunt your insulin response meaning you feel less hungry less often and require less food to be satiated. I lost 9kgs in 3 months this year with ease on an intermittent fasting keto diet (took me 6 months to achieve the same thing leangains style)
  • Cravings a drastically reduced
  • Despite their being scientific evidence of no metabolic advantage I've found I've been able to eat ~300 more calories per day on keto than with leangains and achieving better results

Put it this way I followed a leangains IIFYM style diet for 6 months last year and found it a lot more difficult and draining than following LCHF, meaning I believe it's a diet that you can only sustain for a certain period of time. I believe I'll eat LCHF for the rest of my life because of how much better it makes me look and feel.

Just ask my GF :D I've gone from an angry calorie counting IIFYM gorilla to a zen-like keto buddha

I did low carb keto style diets for years. It was a terrible time. I managed to get fat and lean on keto at different times. Bulking on keto wasn't much really a problem. Cutting was a different story.

Cutting on keto my lifting went to absolute shit. I lost a heap of muscle, was always lethargic. I got lean but didn't look muscular at all. I had comments from people I looked like a cancer patient, not the look I was going for. I found it worse for cravings. Not saying it won't work for some, you can sure loose weight but for the majority of people low carb keto is no good for performance in the gym and keeping muscle while cutting.

Just because you are in keto doesn't mean you can't put on fat. Also IIFYM also applies to keto just you macro ratios are changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.