• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's consuming 400g of protein a day, 400g of carbs, 150g of fat, and oodles of water, both in the food and by itself. His liver will still be processing yesterday's protein when he's having today's, a gap of a few hours doesn't matter. At least half of it will be pissed and pooed out anyway.

If your body runs short of protein after just two hours, then you must have guts like a woodchipper.

Last edited:
7:30am - 1 banana
- 2 cups of low fat milk
- 100g oats
- 1.5 scoops ON Whey Protein
- 1 Tblsp of Honey
Zip that up and it is an awesome way to start the day

10:30 am - 1 scoop ON Whey Protein
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- 1 Banana
- 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with peanut butter

1pm - Beef stroganoff (home made)
- Steamed Veges (100g pumpkin, 200g Sweet Potato, Small amount of mash potati

4pm - 3 pieces of wholemeal toast with peanut butter

6pm - Pre Workout - Powerzone Nutrition Ignite 2

8:30pm - Post Workout - 1.5 scoops ON Whey + 50g maltordextrin in water

9pm - 1.5 Turkish Bread with Pumpkin, Chicken, Feta, Avocado, Mayonaise

I consume 3.5L - 4L of water per day.

Over 3500 cals, ~400g protein, ~400g carbs, ~150g fat

Sorry, I think your figures are wrong.
That's nowhere near 400g of protein, closer to 200g.
Are you counting just the protein withing the meat, or the actual total weight of the meat?

Also, 400P, 400C, 150F would be close to 4500 calories.

Sorry, I think your figures are wrong.
That's nowhere near 400g of protein, closer to 200g.
Are you counting just the protein withing the meat, or the actual total weight of the meat?

Also, 400P, 400C, 150F would be close to 4500 calories.

I chucked up what I ate yesterday. You are probably right in the protein being lower than stated.

For lunch, I will usually eat 250g of grilled chicken and about 500g of steamed veges. Also, my dinner was a bit unusual that night in what I had. The usual is Chicken or lean red meat and veges. When I put that lot into caloriecounter.com it has given me 350g of protein, 430g carbs (a bit too high) and 74g of fat (need to bring this up). Also, my dinner was a bit unusual that night in what I had. The usual is Chicken or lean red meat and veges.

So, I appologise I did overstate my protein intake. Though with everything on that list, and substituting lunch and dinner for grilled chicken/lean red meat and veges I am getting ~350g of protein.

Given I weigh 74kg, THIS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH protein intake for the day. I like to get the most of my protein from whole foods rather than relying on protein shakes.

Shrek, yep not much between 4pm and 8:30pm. It is the only way I can do it. Home by 6pm, get to the gym about 6:30 - 6:45 and leaving about 8:00 - 8:15 to be home by 8:30pm. Too long? Possibly, can I help it? No.

I think given the massive amount of protein I get that is WELL over my daily requirement I should be ok?

Last edited:
Yes. What the studies show is,
  • 0.8g protein / kg bodyweight is fine for maintaining whatever lean mass and strength you have [4]
  • 1 to 2g protein per kg bodyweight will help in increasing lean mass, if combined with a weight and/or aerobic training regimen, provided overall more calories are consumed than expended
  • more than 2-2.5g protein/kg bodyweight has not been shown to have any significant effect - good or bad - whatever the training - but is thought to carry some risk [5]
  • in their first 3-9 months of training, a person new to training will gain whatever their protein intake level, provided they have a calorie surplus [1, 2]
  • Only caffeine and creatine have been shown to do anything [3]

[1] For example, people on low-protein diets due to kidney disease did weight training for 12 weeks, and all gained muscle mass [source]
[2] Novices can gain mass with less than 0.8g protein/kg bodyweight [source]
[3] [source]
[4] CHO/Pro/Fat composition of diet does not affect training of already-trained people[source]
[5] [source]

So for a typical novice, they only need to increase what they eat overall to gain strength; after the first year or so of steady training, they can double the protein intake and get good gains; but more than that won't do them much good, they'll just poo and piss it out, and it may even do them harm.

Last edited:
Drinking soda water now. I cant believe the amount of salt in it. 75mg of salt for 1.5liters. I dunno soda water these days sheesh.

You guys working office jobs have it easy when it comes to meals :(

Being able to store things in a fridge and prepare meals at work, hell, spend your half hour preparing it then eat it at your desk while you work... :( I wish I had that luxury.

I leave the house at 5.30-6am every morning, generally eat my morning tea / lunch in the car on the way to the next job so no fridges, microwaves or anything to prepare food.

Generally my meals are...

5.30am - Protein shake with milk (600ml of milk, 70gm protein)
9.30am - 3 salad sandwiches with heaps of meat in em (ham, salami, chicken etc) with a bottle of water
12.30 - 3 more sandwiches, another bottle of water, some kabana and maybe 1 junk item
4.30 - Another big protein shake

workout

7.00 - Another protein Shake

7.30 - Dinner - Meat and veges / salad

11pm - Another protein shake.

A little assistance please

Hey guys im new to the forum,

I'm just starting out a bulking diet.

This is my current diet;

Breakfast :

Saltana bran with a bannana, 250 ml skim milk and a piece of toast with peanut butter (sultana bran until it runs out then ill get oats)

Snack : low fat cruskits x 4 (until runs out and will get regular), 6 slices of roasted chicken

Lunch: 2 cans of low fat greanseas chilli tuan in 4 sandwiches multigrain bread ( 8 slices)

Snack: Small – med sized red apple, and a serve of red grapes.

Post workout weight gainer shake in 300 ml + 100 ml water (musashi weight gainer)

Dinner : 1 cup of basmati rice with lean beef mince (around 200g) with capsicum onion and some other herbs and spices.

It is either this or a pork chop/ lamb chop or steak with some veggies and some times rice. Any suggestions to this plan more than welcome.

I have musashi weight gainer which i take with 250ml of skim milk + some water.

My intake needs to be around 3000 + to bulk doesn't it? (i am about 170 cm tall, 69kg and in customer service so on my feet most of the day)

I train weights 3 days a week and HIIT cardio 2 days or so.

Any suggestions of how i could change my current plan or add something in there to hit my required intake would be appreciated, if possible to not always feel full aswell as this makes me sleepy.

Also how are my macro nutrient intake levels?

Cheers

Good except this

Snack: Small – med sized red apple, and a serve of red grapes

There are no snacks when bulking just meals and get rid of that overproced Musashi crap, get bulk WPC add add your own carbs in the form of oats or malto.

atm, my diet for fat loss..

5:30 AM: 40g oats + 1/2 scoop Whey protein

<6:30 - 7:30 AM: Workout at gym>

8:30 AM: Can of Tuna

12:00 noon: 80g chicken fillet, veggies, 40g BBQ pork and some rice

3:00PM: 80g chicken fillet, veggies, 40g BBQ pork and some rice

6:00PM: 2 pieces of toast, 250ml Egg whites with diced garlic

8:00PM: 100g Cottage Cheese (tastes terrible but meh).

With 4 of those meals, I take 3 flax seed tablets each.. So a total of 12000mg of flax seed tabs a day.

I leave the house at 5.30-6am every morning, generally eat my morning tea / lunch in the car on the way to the next job so no fridges, microwaves or anything to prepare food.
I assume you're doing some labouring or tradie stuff... mate, don't you have an eski? I thought it was part of the uniform!

You can get heat eskis nowadays - not thermos flasks, but like eskis - they hold 500ml and tend to keep things warm for about 6 hours. So if you make it the night before, you can nuke it in the morning before you head off to work, should still be warm at lunchtime.

I'm a sales rep so in the same boat. But like Kyle said, take an esky. I don't take hot food, but pack a cooler bag with a couple of iced packs and put all my food in there. I don't really care if my lunch is cold, but it keeps it fresh.

Other thing I do is go to the shops, get a quarter chicken and a pre-made salad or a tin of flavoured tuna with some tinned bean and corn mix.

Breakfast today ;)
- 30grams of coco pops
- about 60grams of fruit loops (the blue ones are best)
- 375ml milk
- 600ml Iced coffee

Shank, you can add the oats to your shake mate. A blender will help you to zip them up good.

Damn Kindred, that is a horrible breakfast!

Kindred powers his workouts with pure sugar :D

I think his mum gave him too much red cordial when he was a kid!

kindred, is that breakfast for real? what is the point of training when you feed yourself stuff like that??

I have been known to eat the occasional big bowl of Nutrigrain (so yummy) but my normal breakfasts always consist of:
cottage cheese
yoghurt
muesli

stir together and eat! mmm. In fact these are both my breakfast meal and my pre-bed meal.

Im trying to clear out my fridge and freezer. Im only putting healthy stuff in there now but dont wanna just chuck stuff out.

Do it for the sake of your body man!!

In saying that, I had Macca's today. I need the cals though, I got sick towards the end of last week and couldn't keep much down and didn't eat a great deal over 2.5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.