• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast - Five or six egg omelette - eggs, tomato, ham/bacon, mushrooms, spinach, herbs. Do this monday to friday, and weekends is bacon and eggs with toast and grilled tomato. Always with a cup of coffee. And a protein shake before i leave for work.

Lunch - I usually have 2 peanut butter sandwiches about an hour before my real lunch of 1/2 chicken with salad. The Mrs calls me a hobbit because i have two of each meal. Haha

Dinner - Steak / Pork / Fish / Chicken with veges. My son loves broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and mash which means we have these with nearly all meals, which isnt a bad thing. I usually add spinach as well, I love the stuff.

Snacks - A couple of protein shakes, a few glasses of milk, at least one tin of tuna and i keep a big jar of trail mix on my desk at work. I also have 2 x 1kg tubs of natural yoghurt per week before bed. Trying to get into cottage cheese.

I have a small cupboard of meusli bars, fruit bars, protein bars, baked beans and spaghetti tins, stagg chilli and other assorted snacks at work. Just in case.

And i also drink 2 x 1.5L bottles of water each day. Filled at home, i dont buy them. Lol

I hope im eating enough, because im not sure i could take much more.

Mat

I go for 40gms (approx) of protein per meal. I eat 6-7 meals per day. I don't think that's a lot of protein just average for a BB.

you are right shrek, i weight 72kg bulking atm, and i aim for at least 150 to 200g of protein per day, start things off with plenty of carbs and taper off later in the day.
this works fine for me

Well if you are like that all the effort you put in is pretty much pointless. Why bother doing all the riding if you are only going to eat crap?

I had a salad again ... and a chocolate milk. I can never get it exactly right haha.

Milk had
14.7g of sugar
213mg of sodium

There is sugar and sodium in everything its freaking hard to not have it.

Last edited:
You can always stop yourself from having the Chocolate Milk. It is called will power.

Apart from that, did you have any with a substantial amount of protein in it?

Work harder! :D

Lately I have been eating 4 boiled eggs just before bed instead of having Cassein. Not exactly sure if this is as good, but they are so tasty.

This week:

07:30: Oats, WPC, Multi-Vit

09:30: Steak, Mixed Salad, Fish Oil, Almonds, Vit C

11:30: Chicken, Mixed Veg, Fish Oil, Almonds, Vit C, potassium

13:30: Steak, Mixed Salad, Fish Oil, Almonds, Vit C, Multi-Vit

15:30: Chicken, Mixed Veg, Fish Oil, Almonds, Vit C, potassium

during training (typically 17:30-18:30): BCAA + EAA

immediately post training: BCAA + EAA + Creatine + Dextrose

30 mins post training: Pasta, WPC, 2 x Vit C

120 mins post training: 4 whole eggs, fresh garlic, zinc, magnesium.

Shame,
I see you have all virtually all your carbs (exc oats) post workout, why? Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining right now?

Shame,
I see you have all virtually all your carbs (exc oats) post workout, why? Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining right now?
So they're used for good instead of evil :)

I'm primarily focused on building muscle, but I'm also losing a bit of fat - just a couple of kg's. Regardless of whether I'm bulking, leaning out, or maintaining I'll eat the majority of my carbs post training/exercise. I want the carbs I eat to be used to replenish glycogen opposed to being stored as fat. Quite simply, carbs are just an energy source so I'll eat them when my body wants them and will use them wisely; eg. after training when my body is in a state of "What the f*ck was that?!".

That said, I still have times when I'll eat carbs during the day. I do anabolic bursting cycles where I'll eat below maintenance for a period of time than eat over maintenance for a period of time - during the over maintenance I'll eat carbs with the chicken meals and they'll substitute the fats. Or I'll slot in a scheduled refeed where I'll eat whatever I want whenever I want and this will usually be loaded with carbs.

How I eat depends on my short term goal(s), I don't just plan out a diet and do it every day, week after week, month after month. I have a base diet, but it'll be manipulated to suit my current goal(s).

250ml milk
1/5 cup oats
1 banana
1 scoop chocolate biobulker
squirt honey
ice

blended for about 1 min and its done! bloody filling and not bad on the taste buds!

Last edited:
Yep, it's a good one hey EB. I start my morning with a similar shake every morning. It is VERY filling.

Sure is! Pretty sure you gave me the idea Josh so cheers for the heads up!
Definatly better than the 3 weetbix and teaspoon of sugar I was having every morning

Today (and at least 5/7 days) I ate/eat

2 scoops whey
400ml milk
1 banana
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup oats
blended - delicious

100gm chicken/tuna/beef
50gm cottage cheese
apple
3 eggs

2 chicken breasts
1 cup veges

100gm chicken/tuna/beef
50gm cottage cheese
3 eggs

after training ill have a shake

dinner probably steak and some veges + salad

100gm of cottage cheese before bed.

Pretty stuffed all day... but im ravenous after a workout. Thats my typical day.
Works out ~3000 cals and ~250gms of protein.

Im not trying to bulk or cut, seems to be maintaining more then anything as I havent lost or put on weight but am still going up in strength. definitely lost fast and put on muscle whilst on this regime. Happy with how things are going. When I hit my lifting goals ill reasses if I want to go hard and bulk or cut more fat off.

EDIT: Should say, im 6'6 (199cm) and 113.5kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.