• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One arm smaller than the other.

modo

Banned
Ok my biceps are both two different sizes. My right is much smaller than my left one. is there a way to try to bring them both to same size?? i try doing an extra set or heavier weight with my right arm to try to get it to catch up but thats all i can think of... it worked once, but now my left arm has like left the right one behind. and i mean significantly. any ways to help them keep even?

Train one arm at a time, weakest or smallest arm first, eventually it should catch up.

I have this problem as well. My right bicep is bigger than my left, but my left pec is bigger than my right. I don't do anything in particular about it, I figure at some stage I will probably start hitting the peak of my natural abilities and it will probably all start to even out as I continue to train. I do focus on form and ensuring I'm not favouring either side of my body in combined lifts to try and help out.

Do as Shrek says and always train the smaller side first if you are doing isolated arm exercises. This way your set on the smaller arm should be stricter and more beneficial. Make sure you don't overtrain your smaller arm though as that could be negative.

I know I can be very critical of myself so the things I notice other people probably don't. It may be that you're over analysing to an extent and the difference isn't really all that much.

yeh well... i do those things but when i say smaller i mean 2 inches or so smaller. like when i flex em both one looks like its not flexed and the other does.

I have the same thing, most people do to some extent, just not as much as you've described.

Try dumbbells more than bars; with a bar you can let the stronger side do most of the lifting, with a dumbbell there's no slacking for the weak side.