• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement Discussion and the bullshit in the industry

O

Online Nutrition

Hey guy's,
I recently had one of my members on my forum ask me for supplement advise regarding a testosterone booster he has purchased else where.
This is the supplement's claims:
Here is the ingredience for Andro Jack:
- Eurycoma Longfolia extract (100:1) (Toongkat Ali) equivalent dry herb 5000mg (NOT STANDERDIZED AND DOESN"T SAY ROOT EXTRACT)
- Coleus Forskohlii extract (100:1) equivalent dry herb 2000mg (AGAIN, NOT STANDERDIZED AND DOESN"T SAY ROOT EXTRACT)
- Horny Goat Weed Extract (20:1) (20% Icarinns) equivalent dry herb 1000mg
- Avena Sativa Extract (10:1) equivalent dry herb 500mg
- Mucuna pruriens extract (8:1) (20% Lopa) equivalent dry herb 400mg
- Fenugreek extract (10:1) (50% saponins) equivalent dry herb 500mg (also known as Testofen)
Absoption initiator: 2mg
- Bioperine (Piper Nigrum extract) 2mg.

Now we can all agree that mg, grams,mcg are all measurements of weight right? well they are so dont get confused here is the break down:
1kg = 1000g
1g = 1000mg
1mg = 1000mcg
and so on.........
Now the above supplement i call a massive bullshit on it.......why?
its contents are listed like so:
5000mg +
2000mg +
1000mg +
500mg +
400mg +
500mg +
2mg
= 9402mg or 9.402g
unless the capsule is made from lead it will not weigh 9.4g ever!
most capsules can only contain about 1g total.
If this product did weigh this per capsule the total weight of the very small container which holds the capsules would be like so: 9402mg X 90 capsules = 846180mg or 846.180g......Nearly 1kg
I dont mean to bag out said supplement but its claims are ridiculous, if you ask me for supplement advise i have been around long enough i know all the tricks of the trade and i dont play games.
Do i sell any supplements in my store that have ridiculous claims like this one? yes.......why? people buy them its that simple if i didn't sell them i wouldn't make any money.
Why am I telling you this? cause i don't want you to buy something that is full of shit.
Take your time when your choosing a supplement read the label claims usually things like the words "proprietary blend" spell out bull shit straight away, I strongly suggest you watch bigger stronger faster it details what proprietary blend really means and gets away with.
Now to the other board sponsor sorry if you sell some of these products i understand why you sell them as i have to sell them too, only thing is i dont give out bull shit or bunk advise on supplements, if it's shit i will tell you so......

Regards
Kirk.

Last edited:
i seen bigger taller faster, its hilarious when he approaches the pro about the claims the supp he is on makes hahaha!

Its funny how fenugreek is also used by women to increase lactation levels after pregnancy :S