• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Standing military press V Push press

metzy

Whats the difference between a standing military press and push press?

I have had a look around on the net and I am a little confused. I have read some places that the only difference is that the push press has wider grip and your feet must be together for military press whereas other sites say that the push press use's leg drive and military press does not.

So what is the difference?

The difference is with a push press you use your knees to push the weight up with a standing military your knees are locked. I can push press close to 90kg but can only standing military press 70 max. That knee bounce really helps.

What i mean by use the knees is you bend them slightly and as you straiten them up you push the weight up using that force with your shoulder muscles etc. hope that makes sense.

I understand what u mean, thanks. I just wasn't sure if that was the actual difference or not because so many sites said so many different things

Well im no expert but Im fairly sure thats correct. Im not really sure why youd do that exercise tho but im sure there is a reason. Standing military press is much better in my opinion.