• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Taking it to the next level

i kinda agree i must admit, and who looks their best at the gym if you are actually there to workout? its hard enough talking to the guys at the gym when i need to use the equipment....if i talk to them will they crush me? lol - its so embarassing to stand next to them trying to lift my piddly little weights when they are doing 200kilos...! lol soooo frustrating!

sorry i know this isn't on topic but when im doing weights im really lifting the max i can and i struggle with it yet its soooo much less than what guys lift, i feel kinda stupid when i look in the mirror and the guy next to me is doing 4 times as much as me and im working my arse off- to you men i ask- does it really look as silly as i feel sometimes?

No because women dont gain muscle as fast as men. Women have more estrogen and less testosterone. Its nature kinda like why female black widows are huge compared to the males. If nature says thats the way it will be then thats the way it will be.

It only looks strange if the women is clearly lifting weights way too light for her. If you sweating or struggling then its normal and looks normal and is not strange.

Kat,
You will gain more respect lifting weights that doing stupid cardio sessions every day.
Remeber weight lifted is comparitive to your size / strength. Do do not worry about what everyone else is lifting, it's not a stregth contest, you're there to recomp you body.
Good Luck

Remember that you will get to a point where you lift more than some of the guys. I feel really sorry for some of them that come in and are doing there very first session. You see then struggling with 7kg dumbbells, and even though its a light weight, after years of inactivity the poor bastards will hurt for days.

Don't worry about what others think. Just turn up your ipod and go.

Remember that you will get to a point where you lift more than some of the guys. I feel really sorry for some of them that come in and are doing there very first session. You see then struggling with 7kg dumbbells, and even though its a light weight, after years of inactivity the poor bastards will hurt for days.

Don't worry about what others think. Just turn up your ipod and go.

??? I know what you mean however 7kgs must be an exageration.

i feel really sorry for some of them that come in and are doing there very first session. You see then struggling with 7kg dumbbells, and even though its a light weight, after years of inactivity the poor bastards will hurt for days.
lmao :eek:
have sme rep.

??? I know what you mean however 7kgs must be an exageration.

Sadly it isn`t.I have seen it with my own eyes.
Some people are just so pathetically out of shape.
How they can get that way I have no idea because
just daily activities like taking out the rubbish,carrying
shopping etc. maintain some kind of strength but I guess
there are people out there whose only physical activity
is walking from the front door to the car door.

I still cant believe that. Like you said taking out the trash carrying shoping is easily more then 7kg usually and people must do it or how the **** do they live? Do they get other peole to take out the trash for them? If so where can i buy me one of them slaves.

I still cant believe that. Like you said taking out the trash carrying shoping is easily more then 7kg usually and people must do it or how the **** do they live? Do they get other peole to take out the trash for them? If so where can i buy me one of them slaves.

It`s called a wife.
Most of the ridiculously weak people I have seen are guys.

hey breebree! i can't wait for that day!!!

i don't own an ipod, i think i need one. when i walk into the gym, in my mind its just like the training montage from rocky 4, maybe all i need is the soudtrack! :)
what does everyone listen to while you train??

7kg is no exaggeration. But these are business men who have worked 15 hour days for 20 years and have arms that have wasted away but a belly that is huge! And rich middle aged business men don't take out the rubbish, do household chores or grocery shopping. That's what nannies and cleaners are for. Don't know what my man's excuse is though (if only he were a loaded business man)- he is only 26 and so inactive that 10kg dumb bells nearly crippled him!

As for soundtracks, if you like Rocky get the Rocky 3 soundtrack Disco version of
'Gonna Fly Now' is ultra funky. Sad I only have it on cassette.

BreeBree, if you still have cassettes and your man is only 26 years old, he must be a toy boy, or are you a cougar?

Just kidding, I know you're only 28.

I work in an Office full of suits. I have never seen anyone as weak as you have described. I still cant believe it. I know plenty of people that do nothing and they still have enough strength to lift 7kg at least id assume so.

I actually take offence (on 2 fronts) to most of your comments on guys you are calling "weak".

"I feel really sorry for some of them that come in and are doing there very first session. You see then struggling with 7kg dumbbells, and even though its a light weight, after years of inactivity the poor bastards will hurt for days."

"lmao :) have sme rep"

"Some people are just so pathetically out of shape"

"where can i buy me one of them slaves"

The reasons I take offence are:
1) I use to be one of them
2) Your narrow mindedness

As we all know not everyone has equal genetics. I'm 6'2" and before weight training weighed 72-75kg and was not unfit as I played sport reguarly. However when starting weight training was only able to shoulder press roughly 7-10kgs, I found it really very hard and quite intimidating going to the gym. I have put in 2 years of hard training and now weigh around 90kgs and shoulder press 35kg. I still find it very hard to improve my muscle mass even with a consistant training plan and ever improving diet.
As this is a forum dedicated to body building I would have thought that supporting people who may not already be able to lift heavy weight, people who may not know the best methods of training, people who may not know what to eat and may not have the best genetics (through no fault of their own) would have been crucial, however from your comments it appears that you are make fun of these people and not being supportive.

Im not saying if you cant lift as heavy as me then you are weak.

The only people that wont be able to lift 7kg in anyway will be seriously injured people or really young kids.

I feel that it is just not possible to be at a point where you cant lift 7kg as an adult. I have never seen anyone like that at the gym ever. The smallest guys can still lift more than that.

If for some reason you cant lift that much as a fully grown adult i would recommend seeing a doctor imediately if not go start to the emergency room!

attached is a refernce of Strength standards.

and on another note sif you dont have a slave

Weightlifting Performance Standards

Last edited:
However in the context that 7kg's was being refered and the context of your performance standards it is not a 7kg 1RM but atleast a partial set if not complete set with 7kgs.
Even novices know that 1 rep with 7kgs isn't enough to gain muscle.

I thought i read struggling to lift 7kg somewhere. If that was the case imediate medical attention would have been needed.

but im not a doctor... or am i . Be afraid!

Get off your high horse Metzy. Read in context with the remainder of the conversation. One of the girls felt intimidated because she wanted to use equipment that men lifting much bigger weights were using. I was just pointing out that everyone starts somewhere, no matter how small and you still will bloody hurt after your first session be it with 7 kg or 25kg.

Shrek- omg i love alice cooper!

Breebree- there is a disco remix?? that is so exciting!!!!!!!! must find it online now.