• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to reduce my belly fat ?? Need advise

D

dellbell

Hi guys !

I used to weight 95 kilos and Im 6 1'. I started doing cardio 4 days a week. Its been 6 months and I reduced to 82 kilos.Fat in my face and thighs has reduced, but not much in the belly area.
Recently I started doing HIT cardio on the treadmill (2min brisk walk followed by 1 min sprint for 35 min around 3.5kms) and a bit of crunches (long arm crunch and bicycle crunch) 2 sets of 12 repititions each.

I cannot lift weights or go the gym as iam recovering from an eye operation.

Can you please suggest any excercises , or anything extra I need to do without the need to lift huge weights ?

Note: I can still use dumbells if there is such a workout.

Hi Dellbell,

Fat in the belly is usually the last to go.
I'm frustrated too, been dieting for 4 weeks and went from 89kg to 85kg, but am still storing a little bit of fat in the belly area.

Abdominal exercises won't target belly fat, as you can't spot reduce fat from specific areas of your body.

Best you can do is improve your diet a little and keep going.
Your fat loss so far has been good, you might have to reduce calories a little to keep losing the fat.

Use the dumbbells whenever you can, as increasing muscle mass will help burn calories faster.

Good Luck

Hi Dellbell,

Fat in the belly is usually the last to go.
I'm frustrated too, been dieting for 4 weeks and went from 89kg to 85kg, but am still storing a little bit of fat in the belly area.

Hey thanx for the reply Hulk !!

4 weeks and 4 kilos....tht's really good. Are you targeting for under 80 or something ?

I checked my BMI and I'm just .3 less from being overweight. So wanna be well within the limit !!

Anyways thanx for the response and all the best !!

Don't worry about BMI index, it's not accurate or realistic.

No way to I want to go sub 80kg at 6ft tall, I'd be more of a stick figure than I already am.
Will probably end up about 82kg and 10% body fat in 4 weeks time.

Then it will be bulk time:)