• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone know where I can find the original Riptoes Starting Strength?

kindred

I've seen it on the web mentioned a few times but there are all sorts of different variations for example:

One site said this;

Workout A
3×5 Squat
3×5 Bench Press
1×5 Deadlift

Workout B
3×5 Squat
3×5 Press
5×3 Power cleans

Another one said;

Workout A
Squats
Bench Press
BB Rows

Workout B
Squats
Military Press
Deadlifts

with additional exercises like biceps curls and hyper extensions as optional exercises.

It doesnt really matter a great deal as they use almost identical exercises but I was curious as to what the original program was like. Esspecially as some of the variaions had optional exercises so im not sure if the original had optional ones also.

I havent had much luck but I think there is a book he put out that you can get online. I might have a look to see if i can get a copy.