• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bicep / tricep

joshcore

i heard on the grapevine that its good to work the biceps and triceps 3 times a week...

what are the best exercises to maximise your workout and gain muscle in these areas quick!?

3 times a week is not right. Maybe twice max. Depends how you mean, you kind of use tricep/bicep on a lot of exercises. But if you mean a day for just tricep/bicep, then def not 3 days of just bicep/tricep exercises. Gotta give yourself time to heal, plus there are lots of other muscles you should be exercising as well.

I work triceps after a chest workout, once a week. Biceps I do after lats on another day.

is there a reason why you wouldnt do a bicep/tricep (in one session) workout as appose to a bi/back - tri/chest?

I don't see anything wrong with a bi/tri session, just makes it hard to train any upper body the next day or 2.

Exhusting your arms will only take away from anything else you try to do.
Also theres alot of guys walking around in the gyms with big arms and nothing else. just looks silly.
Bi/tri's are only a small muscle group and dont need to be hammered so hard to grow, in fact 3x a week will more then likely stop them developing to there full potential. (rest to grow)
I dont see anything wrong with Bi/tri in same session.

i see your point poopoohead - but im the opposite - my chest/torso and back and looking pretty good but my arms seem to be the same size (as per 5 weeks ago)

i see your point poopoohead - but im the opposite - my chest/torso and back and looking pretty good but my arms seem to be the same size (as per 5 weeks ago)

im the same :(
thats basically the reason i do a bi/tri set ill change it around an see how i go

I like my way of doing it because I find I'm using triceps in a bench press anyway, might as well just make it close grip and really hit them on the same day. Then with pull ups it's the same, already using biceps, so I might as well hit them afterwards on the same day.

But I'm trying to build up the rest of my body, my arms are okay, but my lats, back, legs, chest and core all need to step up a bit. So I just throw the arm exercises in their along the way.

If you're the opposite to me then yeah I would spend a bit more time on arms. Still I'd only do them twice a week.

I cant activate my triceps enough when i bench. I started doing them elbows in but im not convinced that is right either. I may alternate until I read or see anything better.

Id be interested in seeing your ENTIRE routine if you do 3x tri/bi days. Can you post what you were thinking of doing?

i heard on the grapevine that its good to work the biceps and triceps 3 times a week...

what are the best exercises to maximise your workout and gain muscle in these areas quick!?

nobody has helped thus far, common people :)
are the standard hammer/preacher curls enough?

For Triceps:
Close grip bench press, dips, overhead extensions, pressdowns.

For Biceps:
Close grip chins, barbell curls, incline dumbbell curls, dumbbell curls, reverse curls.

So many more but that should be enough....

The other thing could be maybe your not lifting heavy enough to realy tourcher them.
You maybe doing them 3 x a week but that wont do shit if you going lite. once or twice a week HEAVY AS will make em grow quick.
I see alot of guys pumping up there tris/bi's with medium to lite weights. but just becos they have filled them with blood only means they are gonna look impressive for the time being until they lose the pump. You need to tear up that muscle then rest it a short while keeping your protein levels high. then those bad boys will grow I promise you.