• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

So i wanna get a road bike

Ricko

Afew of my mates are getting road bikes this weekend, but there pricing how left my jaw hanging!!!! $1200 for a basic? bike wow!

Whats the best way to get into it, just long rides nothing competitive without spending a great deal of money? I'm pretty good at working on them, Used to work on my old Y Frame downhiller many moons ago. so would building one up be cheaper? or just something second hand at the shop?

What would i look for? Brands, types of frames and faults to look for in a used bike?

Seriously mate,you don`t need to spend a fortune.Unless you are getting into
serious competitive cycling you can get away with a bike for under a grand.
Mine cost about 600 and it does me well.It is light enough to pick it up and carry it when I need to and it goes a treat out on the open roads.
Shop around and don`t be taken in by all the spiel.Even jump on the bike and Have a quick spin around if you can.

the malvern star capo range is a good buy can pick the basic model up for around $600 at the bike hub , its a good beginners bike and will get you out and about and see whether you enjoy the sport ,

whatever you do don't settle for a toy bike you will regret it

hahaha i wouldnt be able to keep up with my mates then!

The Capo range looks good! $600 ey.. will check it out further.... cheers!

road bikes huh? heres mine :) peddling is for pussies..

image029.jpg

Ive got the peddless type too ;) Track days are too far between to keep ya fit though! Plus mine corners ahaha :p

Thats a nice bike Andy , loving the colour too.

I do alot of downhill riding around trees and so on. Im also a motocross rider and freestyler.

i bought a katina showgun 4 80 bucks. its bout ten years old but in perfect cond and i keep up with the good bikes. look around for something second hand
gl with it

DO the research and find out exactly which size bike you need (there are some good internet sites). An ill-fitting bike is a waste of money to start with. Then have a look on ebay. There are stacks of second hand barely-used bikes there from people who have lost interest in the sport. You can get some fantastic deals. Alternatively, you can build something yourself from parts bought on ebay, you can save a stack of money, but it will usually be dearer than paying for a basic moel from avanti or Giant etc. My father just bought a frame and components on ebay and built his own. Got a $6000 bike for aound $3000.

Good luck

andy said:
peddling is for pussies..

This guy is a motorcyclist:

fat_biker_1.jpg

This guy is a cyclist:

andy3(3).jpg

Nobody built six-pack abs and buns of steel sitting on an internal combustion engine.​