• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is there anything you can do to ease Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)?

kindred

and recover faster?

How long after DOMS goes away are you fully recovered?

I only seen to get it when i do squats :(

Last edited:
and recover faster?

Do you then rest and not do anymore until the DOMS does away?? Because if you do - then you will always have it. I found that if I continued to follow my routine and did the squats anyway when my legs hurt that the DOMS both decreased in length and severity.

and recover faster?

Me too
Dont worry It will hardly ever happen the more you hit legs.
Stretch before and after.
If it gets real sore just pop a couple anti inflam's (if your ok to do so)

and recover faster?

After you do squats, or after your leg routine do 5-10 mins on an excercise bike fairly briskly but not too hard. This works for me, i dnt know the science but i think it has somethng to do with pumping the blood through the region to flush out the lactic acid build up.

lol it's only pain, besides it's good. I'll randomly poke muscles to see if they are sore, if I don't have a muscle group sore and repairing at all times then to me I'm not training enough or hard enough.

lol it's only pain, besides it's good. I'll randomly poke muscles to see if they are sore, if I don't have a muscle group sore and repairing at all times then to me I'm not training enough or hard enough.

I kinda do that too,
but there is actually no medical evedence that DOMS has anything to do with mucle growth.

Well for me it just means that I really kicked my butt the previous day, and lifting heavy and going hard is what gains muscle. If you went hard and don't get sore, I'm sure you'll get the same gains as if you went hard and didn't get sore.

Rest and extra day,it will do your more good than anything else.