• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dog Crap Training

The rest / pause is the key, if they don't use it they mat as well not use the DC method.

they use it for some exercises but not all of them to avoid burnout. Check intensemuscle and ironaddicts, theyve got a lot of info on it.

Hi Shrek

That information is really greats stuff , i have been involved with weight training since 1960 and i must say i like what you say , it is hard work and more and heavy and more , that is how i trained in the 1960s & 70s but have slowed down a bit now , it is a life style train hard eat plenty live clean help others .

Alec

...and heavy stretching?

I use the "extreme stretches" after main movements for everything. Not because I believe it will help with myofacial stretching and increase muscle growth, but because I've found it help tremendously with recovery, stiffness and flexibility. If it does help with growth through stretching and black magic, then that's just a bonus but even with a proper warm up/down I find if I don't do the stretches I WILL be sore tomorrow. Also it makes what ever you stretch swole due to the rush of blood. That's pretty awesome.

Yes guys stretching before & after leg work is very inportant only needs to be basic , but saves having sore legs next day also i find doing the leg stretching helps with any tightness in the back ,

I've used DC very successfully in the past (during the powerlifting offseason)..the exercises I chose were focused around the competition powerlifts and worked very well to bring up lagging areas (strength and aesthetic). The stretching is very important and I encorporate the DC style stretching into my regular programming now and early in a cycle I will use rest pause for my accessory exercises.