• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people do you think take steriods(in Australia)?

Would you really get any harmful side effects from one or two cycles? I looked at an online steroids shop, and there seems to be a lot of medication that they recommend with the steroids to counter the side effects. Things to stop higher estrogen levels which gives bitch tits, then theres meds to stop ball shrinkage etc... Do these actually stop the majority of side effects?

It's just that you look at guys like arnold (who was juiced up since 13yrs old or something rediculous like that) and they all seem fine. They obviously have some sort of system which greatly reduces any negative side effects? But I don't know I'm just wondering.

It would be cool if you could take steroids under doctors supervision with regular health checks, and if the doctor could cut you off if you started showing signs of side effects.

really. well there you go. was it def from the steroids? What about if you only had one or two cycles? Any bad sides?

I'm a young guy, but I've read up about steroids a fair bit, and if you can control the side effects, one or two cycles is not going to kill you. Anyways, in the future I can pretty much guarantee there will be a supplement that will be basically a steroid, but with no side effects. Till that day, let us be cut as fu*ck

Another problem is the psycological effects and addiction.
Once you do a cycle, you may want more and more results and not be able to stop.
Coming off a cycle, you will lose size and strength and may get very depressed.
Your body chemistry will be affected.

These are dangers to consider along with the side effects while using.

Yeah just like Donuts you have one then as Ash from Pokemon says gotta catch them all... or something.

Last edited:
yeah I could see how some people wouldn't know when to stop. Cigarettes are psychologically addictive, but it's the nicotine which is the real problem. You can overcome psychological addiction, but only if you replace it with something else.

What about natural T boosters? Do they even work?

It's all besides the point anyway, maybe if I'd hit a wall after 2 or 3 years I might give them a shot, but I'm only a beginner, there is diet and exercises which I can still improve to get better gains. Don't think steroids would really be a magic pill if everything else isn't right. Or at the very least you wouldn't be getting the full benefits, so why risk the full side effects without making sure of the full benefits first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful what we post about steroid availability guys. I don't want to lock the thread.

Is there any benefits to taking anti e's when your not on steroids? Do you need a prescription for anti e's?

I mentioned something that was then deleted. Was not asking for a source or anything like that. But I guess they just want to make sure the convo doesn't take that direction which is fair enough.

Do you think steroids are cheating yourself? Also does it piss you off if your clean and huge and there is another guy thats juiced and huge cause they didnt put as much effort in. Do steroids cheapen the expeience?

... man i want a donut.

Depends what reason your doing it for.

If you take steroids so you can just look good at the beach and mind your own business, it's fine.

If you take steroids to compete in sports, that simply cheating.

If you take steroids to compete in bodybuilding competitions with other steroid users, thats fine.

If a steroid user competes in a Natural bodybuilding comp, that's totally wrong, but they try to get away with it because not much testing is done.

The biggest thing i don't like about steroid users is that they often claim they are using when they clearly are. If you can be honest about it, then it's not a good thing.

anti estrogen

i for one can say it works u will gains muscle u get rock hard and crazey sex drive, i toke 2tablets nolvadex and stack it with 3000mg tribulus high grade stuff 40% sappoin min :cool:

i for one can say it works u will gains muscle u get rock hard and crazey sex drive, i toke 2tablets nolvadex and stack it with 3000mg tribulus high grade stuff 40% sappoin min :cool:

yeah novadex supresses estrogen and tribulus increases test levels. very nice stack for crazy sex drive. i chased the missus around everyday 4-5 times day while on tribulus/proviron stack when i was going through pct.

Last edited:
personally from experience having used the whole range of 'assisted supps before"

usually the first signs are (iuf u all of a sudden see a guy blow up in 3 weeks)

1. water rentention in the traps. Massive traps compared the rest of the body (if they using the tablets (dianabol/winny) they store shitloads of water in the first week)
2. water retention in the back (this depends on if they are using test/deca stack.. if they are using GH then there will be less)
3. bloated face (if they on the dianabol/winny usually within first week. test enanthate kicks in around week 3 and they start to bloat up. GH very little bloatness)
4. and of course acne. This depends on if the guy is a 18 year old kid starting on it. The acne is massive.

once again this isnt a benchmark just what i personally experienced and know :p

This is a difficult question. In your average gym I'd say not many. Signs of a juiced lifter would probably be 177cm, 110kg and ripped.

Steroids are extremely prevalent in powerlifting/bodybuilding - entire russian team received a years suspension in 2008 in the IPF to come back in 2009 to win a tonne of records, jim wendler, dave tate and the westside boys have never stopped cycling, and lets not even start on the bodybuilders...

What pisses me off about steroid users is their 'you can do it too' attitude - oh yeah, if he 'eats big and lifts big' jo meathead can also get as big as ruhl 'without drugs'...

Spot on. The entire Greek team has no funding therefore is not competing at the European Weightlifting Championships because they have had a stack of positive test results.

Fadi would have seen it all first hand, I have a friend who competed on the international scene and his stories are amazing.

Dont be naive and think there is no drug use at the top level.

As far as gyms go, most dont know what theyre doing, the ones that do are easy to spot if you know what to look for.

There would be far more clueless users than knowledgable ones in gyms, no different to the way most lift really.