• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

gaining weight without gaining a gut..

Flea

hi,

I have been training for about 3mths now primarily to bulk up/ gain weight..
I've put on about 7-8kgs in the last 3mths, i have been on protein powder an just recently creatine.

The thing is though I'm finding it hard to keep my six pack :( I was quite slim before i started training so I always had a decent six pack.. now its still there but Ive started to get a bit of a gut happening.. (i have been eating flat out) I've noticed a good change in my chest shoulders and back, but even though I still do a lot of ab work I still seem to be loosing it..

I was thinking of running to try get rid of the gut but I read that if your trying to bulk/put on weight up you should cut out cardio all together..

any help would be appriceated.

Who said bodybuilding was easy?

If you start running it will slow your gains down.
My opinion is phuck the abs keep bulking and when a desired bodyweight is reached start cutting up.

I've only just read recently that you gain best when below 10% fat.
So it is good to zig zag a bit.
Bulk to a bit over 10%, then cut back below 10%.
This way you stay lean most of the time and still gain well.
I read that once you get a much higher fat% that gains slow down.

So I'm trying this now.
I am about 17% now and want to cut right down.
Been like this most of my adult life.
Once I get to maybe 10%, I'll just go for lean gains from then on.

Don't want anymore of this bulk/cut deal anymore.
Maybe down the track I might go for an extended bulk, but I'm over it for now.

Higher bf, because you have more weight behind you so you should be able to lift heavier.

Disagree, it's not always about lifting the heaviest weights which will grow the biggest muscles.
Some slim guys can lift massive weights too.

A guy with ultra low bodyfat will gain muscle at a faster rate than a guy with 25% bodyfat, both being on the same bulking diet, same training program and starting at the same bodyweight.

Higher bf, because you have more weight behind you so you should be able to lift heavier.

The only way that works is if the fat guy/girl uses momentum which i do not do.

im at 135kg now btw and still gaining muscle so it is possible to lose fat and gain muscle.

Could it be that a small guy doesn't need as much food to maintain? So they generally eat more?

They aren't that important is what it means. Way too overrated. Anyone can have abs if they cut down/be a skinny ****er. Abs are hardly anything to be proud of.

yes but it looks abit silly if your cut up top and then have a fat gut...

id like to keep it even and at the moment im happy with how im going with my chest/arms, its just that im gaining a gut to.. its not so much the fact that abs are only a small part its more about looks ;)