• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's you choice of cardio?

Markos wrote:
They all want to kill the guy that first came up with them lol
They're great aren't they!

Markos or anyone, help me out here please: how do I get the name and that little arrow of the person behind the quote that I'm quoting (instead of having to write, Markos wrote...? Thank you in advance.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Leg magic for the win, surely :)

Choice of cardio: a long run or outdoor HIIT running. The first is soothing, the 2nd is brutal.

i had tried HIIT running few yrs back... it was awesome...

what i did was to sprint 150Ms lets say i managed to complete it in X secs
then i rest until i think i am able to sprint 150Ms in X secs again...

after 1 week, i find myself to be able to cut down on the resting time... and it improves my running by alot...

within 12weeks
my 2.4km run iimproved from 12mins to 10min 30sec... thou not very fantastic, its a big achievement for me..

within 12weeks
my 2.4km run iimproved from 12mins to 10min 30sec... thou not very fantastic, its a big achievement for me..

Lucku you need to see yourself in a more positive light!

2.4/10.5*60 = 13.7km/h. That is a really VERY fast pace to run 2.4km over!!

Lucku you need to see yourself in a more positive light!

2.4/10.5*60 = 13.7km/h. That is a really VERY fast pace to run 2.4km over!!

yea Im proud of myself :D.. its a big achievement to me..
considering that i could only do 2 pullups during that time b4 i went into "intense training"

its just tat during that time... every1 was aiming for 9:45 to get a gold standard for Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT ) where every guys in singapore have to go through that test...

but that was like 4 years ago... 4years ago i was 78Kg... haha... now i'm 93kg :x I'll start sprinting when its summer... I couldnt stand sweating in 13 degrees... it just makes me shiver... LOL....

Last edited:
I have a hill right outside my house and decided to do some sprints. 15sec sprints 45 seconds to slow jog to the bottom of the hill to go again. Haven't done cardio in ages Planned to do 10 sprints, died at 5 or 6, so rooted i didnt know how many i did. I was coughin n spluttering for half hour after i finished. At least I don't have to do too much to better myself next time. much better than a jog

Squash is great at HIIT and also working a lot at the same time.
Heart rate up, heart rate down! fantastic stuff!!!

My standard session starts with 10 minutes on the exercise bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill with intervals of walking and running every minute and then my favorite, 20 minutes on the cross trainer.