• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's you choice of cardio?

I am trying to do something similar. Every chance I get I am on the bandwagon. I have spoken to Dynobells who are a kettlebell company. Some of the articles I have read really indicate to me that kbs are the real deal. One guy actually trained solely with kbs for 4 months and ran a marathon. While this isn't recommended he proved how beneficial they are. Martial artists claim they are the nearest thing to fighting without throwing a punch. They aren't really hyped up either. The names of celebrities include the A listers, Jennifer Anniston, Angelina Jolie etc. Lance Armstrong and Lane Beachley also use them. :cool:

That`s why she`s an actress and not a fitness professional.

Yeah, but her trainer is pretty famous (unfortunately) - see this article Tracy Anderson: guru by appointment to her Madge, Madonna - Telegraph

I was reading this article today on the way home from the City 2 Surf (free copy of the Sun Herald)... wonder how her method works?

"After questioning doctors, and doing a lot of research, she came up with her theory of working accessory muscles, rather than large muscle groups, of using diagonal rotations and 10-day cycles to keep muscles alert."

Having just run 14km this morning, I was a bit discomfited to read this:

"She says that running gives you an ugly butt – 'because, as with every other type of exercise, using the same muscles again and again will build too much muscle in certain places and bulk you up, and a bulked-up bottom is not a pretty one’"

Well I'd rather run and be able to lift weights heavier than 3lbs, so I'm not too fussed.

tracey anderson said:
"She says that running gives you an ugly butt – 'because, as with every other type of exercise, using the same muscles again and again will build too much muscle in certain places and bulk you up, and a bulked-up bottom is not a pretty one’"
Oh really? Let's google up women runner's butts. Some of the following are just runners, others are triathletes.

aust_relay_narrowweb__300x326,0.jpg

steinert.jpg

2008+Australian+Championships+Day+1+eyAsLetq_t1l.jpg

butt_1.jpg

jessi-stensland_01.jpg

Desiree+Ficker+Irongirl,+TX.jpg

Huge, bulky, fugly bums all. No woman would ever want a bum like that, and no straight guy would ever desire them.

Keep running, Keen Katie.

I know quite a few girls who swear by the Tracy Anderson method *sigh* so I thought I'd look up her workout on youtube.

See here for an example.
YouTube - Celeb Trainer Tracy Anderson Reveals Her Best Moves

I found it hilarious that the video was classed under "Entertainment"... it was certainly quite entertaining for me, though sad at the same time to see women get sucked into following her method of not lifting heavy weights.

She's a shapeless twig, about as sexy as a plank of wood.

A woman can look good with muscles, or with fat, or with muscles and fat both. She cannot look good with neither.

My fave forms of cardio:

64kg Kettlebell deadlifts, max reps in varied times, feet elevated.
Weighted medleys
100% interval sprints
Hill sprints
2km rows
Heavy 20 rep squats, or light 100 rep squats.
Timed kettlebell complexes, (thrusters, rows, deadlifts, swings, etc)
Farmers walk

Thing you have to remember about Tracey Anderson is that she is a dancer, so trains people to achieve a very different physique. Her work outs are for women who's career is linked to looking as skinny as possible, which means no trying to tone the muscle without adding too much obvious shape and bulk, as well as eating very little. When this goes wrong, you end up looking like one of her most famous clients in Madonna. When all goes to plan, you look like Gwyneth.

Look at a hottie (IMHO) like Beyonce. Whenever she acts in a film, has to through her usually buff self out the window and become a twig with the stupid lemon detox diet.

I like low intensity cardio. On the stationary bike. I dont belive in HIIT for cutting.

Leg magic for the win, surely :)

Choice of cardio: a long run or outdoor HIIT running. The first is soothing, the 2nd is brutal.

I was a big runner, easy jogging most days although although sometimes I would go to a local hilly park and nearly kill myself with hill sprints.
Then there were my 'ballistic blitz' workouts too.

I havent been able to do much that sort of thing since I had surgery on my foot recently but the rowing machine has become my friend.

The best overall exercise that no one does: BURPEES!

Fadi.

Not true, we do burpees at PTC all the time, and the basketball team I coach has been doing them for 6 years.

They all want to kill the guy that first came up with them lol

Just recently started doing cardio again with the missus.

We set up a boxing/crosstraining circuit at home. We clear out the loungeroom and put down a barbell and a set of dummbells, just light weight. do squats/rows/lunges/presses/power cleans/pushups 30 secs on 30 secs off, then do shadow boxing with sprawls/knees/kicks, then situps for 30 secs etc then focus mits. Felt great to get into some cardio again. No expensive equipment necessary