• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Which women are you referring to?
"Women" is a very general category.

You could ask 10 different men of all ages physiques, and phsical fitness what they look for in a gym and you could get 10 different answers.

Then give 10 differnt answers :p At the moment i have 1 and your a dude so i dont think you count.

Old grannies would probably want to do low impact gym classes with their pensioner friends, and probably would enjoy a friendly young man to teach the class.

I'm going to generalize here, but I'de say most women want
1. A plethera of treadmills, elipticals, cross trainers etc, etc
2. Bullshit top 40 music. (Britanny Spears, Pink etc)
3. Pump Classes at 6.00pm the busiest time to train
4. 1kg dumbells that they hold when pretending to do a bicep curl or tricep kickbacks
5. Swiss balls that they can rest on while attempting to train... well something.
6. Scales, Oh i must weigh myself to make sure I'm not gaining muscle from my non-existant squats"

So remember girls
sign0026.gif
because
sign0102.gif

I'm going to generalize here, but I'de say most women want
1. A plethera of treadmills, elipticals, cross trainers etc, etc
2. Bullshit top 40 music. (Britanny Spears, Pink etc)
3. Pump Classes at 6.00pm the busiest time to train
4. 1kg dumbells that they hold when pretending to do a bicep curl or tricep kickbacks
5. Swiss balls that they can rest on while attempting to train... well something.
6. Scales, Oh i must weigh myself to make sure I'm not gaining muscle from my non-existant squats"

So remember girls
sign0026.gif
because
sign0102.gif

Haha I think your just lucky there ain't to many women around here

I wish I could disagree, but sadly Shrek, you are right.

But you forgot the Spin Classes, yoga, Pilates, latest trashy mags and cafe.

And mustn't forget hairdryers, hair straightners, hairspray, bathrobes, etc.

And not too many thin, younger women to make them feel self-conscience.

Geez, do you think my time in an all female gym made me bitter towards my own gender?

This brings up an interesting side point. My understanding is that women get jealous of stick figure thin girls they see at the gym, but the guys do not want that! We want curvy and voluptuous. Although, I want to look like the fitness models on the covers of the magazines, but my wife does not want that (I don't think she has to worry).

I have this image of fat women with self cut hair, prison tats and bandanas just sitting on benches doing bicep curls. Then they head outside for a ciggie to finish their workout.

I had an image like that, except that it was a basement gym with a concrete floor, and all it had was a bench, a squat rack, a chinning and dipping bar and a leg press - and only barbells, no dumbells. Maybe a punch bag hanging in one corner. A plain old garden tap to drink from, and a chuck-up trough by the squat rack. The place lit by a shaft of light coming through a narrow and dirty window, and a flickering old fluorescent tube with a wire grid frame on it. A chalkboard with lift records on it. And these bull dykes grunting out reps.

I like a gym with a stepper machine. I'm not sure what its called but it has a few steps like walking up stairs and it just goes around.

I also like a gym with a variety of weight machines as I hate cardio and refuse to do cardio. As I think doing weights burns more fat anyway