• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
To tell you the truth I have no idea why. I think maybe because it puts you in the right position already unlike just doing it freely.

Try the free weights one day just for variety.

Likewise, those always using free weights should try the machines.

Each has its advantages and disadvantages, and may suit each person more or less, so it's good to try things out.

a few years ago, I would look for a gym with BodyPump classes.

Now I would look for a gym with a decent power rack setup (and no, a Smith machine is not the same, I had a gym rep try to tell me they were the same - needless to say i didn't join that one).

You know what I look for? A gym with out beta steroid users staring at me like I am the only female they have ever seen other then their mother.

I like a gym with free weights and multiple squat racks so the guys can curl in some and i can squat in there.
Basic machines and cables.
More than 1 kettlebell of each weight.

big changeroom i hate these single things the group room is far more convenient.

I like a gym with free weights and multiple squat racks so the guys can curl in some and i can squat in there.
Why would the guys want to use the squat rack station for barbell curls Anne? Or is that what guys actually do? If so, there ought to be a sign clearly instructing all members not to use/abuse the squat rack for other purposes than its intended purposes etc.

Perhaps a nice word with the gym owner/manager may resolve this unacceptable behaviour.

Why would the guys want to use the squat rack station for barbell curls Anne? Or is that what guys actually do? If so, there ought to be a sign clearly instructing all members not to use/abuse the squat rack for other purposes than its intended purposes etc.

Perhaps a nice word with the gym owner/manager may resolve this unacceptable behaviour.

I was being funny :p