• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Examle clean bulk diet.

auslifta

This would be for 90kg male, that trains pretty hard. Would need to be tailored as weight increases.
You could also change few things around and possibly add sweet potato for carb source also uncle tobys quick oats in morning, this is just an example.

7:45 250 ml of egg whites
2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese
1 English muffin with no sugar and peanut butter(natural)
15 gm of whey protein
25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna in brine
15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham (I like the 9 grain tip top)
1 banana
15 gm of whey protein
1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
20 gm of whey protein
Mustard
50 gm of carrots
5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
5 rice cakes
1 killer python lollie
2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 150 gm of cottage cheese
15 gm of whey protein MAX's night time protein.

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day

Hang on, in another thread, you just posted:

The main difference is that on a clean bulk, you NEVER eat carbs and fats together.

And the diet you just posted is supposed to be a clean bulk diet, but you are eating carbs and fats in the same meal ???

A bit contradictory isn't it?

Hang on, in another thread, you just posted:

The main difference is that on a clean bulk, you NEVER eat carbs and fats together.

And the diet you just posted is supposed to be a clean bulk diet, but you are eating carbs and fats in the same meal ???

A bit contradictory isn't it?
The other one was for hard gainer as I clearly stated in bold as to not confuse

The whole idea is if I was to clean bulk being more carb sensitive I would never have carbs and fat together. To HULK If you post up your stats I would not hesitate to write you up a diet plan. Just give me your
Height
Weight
BF%
Resting heart rate
Tell me a bit about your average day and how may times you train a week, and your goals.
These diets are examples for different goals and different types of people, would I recommend some of these to a 56yo woman? I am only trying to show people how to eat better for bodybuilding, As when I first started I had no idea, I ate rubbish. I am trying to help people improve themselves. After all isnt the whole point of these boards to help and inform?

The whole idea is if I was to clean bulk being more carb sensitive I would never have carbs and fat together. To HULK If you post up your stats I would not hesitate to write you up a diet plan. Just give me your
Height
Weight
BF%
Resting heart rate
Tell me a bit about your average day and how may times you train a week, and your goals.
These diets are examples for different goals and different types of people, would I recommend some of these to a 56yo woman? I am only trying to show people how to eat better for bodybuilding, As when I first started I had no idea, I ate rubbish. I am trying to help people improve themselves. After all isnt the whole point of these boards to help and inform?

Thanks for the offer.
My diet has always been my weakest point and reaoson for many past failures. Preparation is the worst because I am time poor.

Your diet above looks big.
Your lunch time meal looks large:
12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham (I like the 9 grain tip top)
1 banana
15 gm of whey protein
1 yogurt
It would take me a good 1/2 hour non-stop to eat that.
Are they 8 extra large whole eggs?

Anyway, here are my stats:

Height - 6ft / 183cm
Weight - 90kg
BF% - 17.5
Resting heart rate - 64bpm
Age - 33

01.jpg

Goals are to put on another 10kg of lean mass.
Training 3 times per week.
Work can be physical at times, have to lift boxes and unload containers sometimes, but half the time there is not much physical work.

Thanks for any advice.

I've got a simular build as Hulk, same weigh and height. My shoulders are a bit smaller but have bigger bis. Train 3 times a week. I wanna put on 10-20kg. Write me a diet plz :p

You could use 3 whole eggs and 5 egg whites.
first thing, you need to know how many calories your body burns on a daily basis, why? because without knowing that you can't even begin to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose/gain or do whatever

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

I calculated you need 1989cals just to maintain, so to achieve your goals I'd suggest you have intake of 3083cals/day.
Non diet related you should try and get one more workout a week.

The above diet would actually be very good for you, as you see its designed for 90kg male. Be sure to adjust as your weight increases. You could start with this macro break up and maybe adjust carbs/protein. Play around with it but keep daily cals same, and meal frequecy is of utmost importance.

On another note, serratis looking good, weak points would be delts and bi's. Nice wide lats too! Lower chest needs work try dips and close grip decline.
If you dont have alot of time you can pre prepare your meals every 3 days. It is a time consuming sport. Goodluck.
Happy lifting.

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

I calculated you need 1989cals just to maintain, so to achieve your goals I'd suggest you have intake of 3083cals/day.
Non diet related you should try and get one more workout a week.

The above diet would actually be very good for you, as you see its designed for 90kg male. Be sure to adjust as your weight increases. You could start with this macro break up and maybe adjust carbs/protein. Play around with it but keep daily cals same, and meal frequecy is of utmost importance.

Thanks auslifta,

Is the BMR x 1.55 (in my case) the calories I need to grow, or just maintain?
I got same as you worked out, 3100 based on the formula.

Why do you suggest 4 workouts/week?
I've tried it and it's too tiring for me.
I work long hours/6 days and 3 hard workouts a week feels like the right balance and has got me the results so far.

I went from a skinny 74.5kg to the size I am in the pic around 90kg in 3-4 months (eating big of course), and have been sitting on that for a few more months, just improving condition a little and reduced calories alot, but still holding weight.
Now I want to bulk to 100kg.

I really hate my bi's, they are so short.
Chest is small too.
What can you do about bad genetics..........

Last edited:
Alot of people tend to overwork chest and bi's maybe thats your prob. Try and dropping a few sets out of your programme. If you feel 3 is enough fine, you know your body better than me. Great results for 4 months! 16kgs! and you think you have bad genetic's? Are you training legs? if you are not maybe thats why 3 is enough. If thats your goals this diet will work, the next 10kgs will be alot longer to achieve the closer you get to your genetic potential. Goodluck!

I do work legs.
One of my 3 days workout days is legs only.
And also do deadlifts on back day.

Don't feel like I overwork bi's or chest, hit each bodypart once per week.
It's just poor genetics on those bodyparts, but I'll try to bring them up to their full potential.
Working hard on my tri's to make up arm size because of my small bi's.

I think I'm a bit diff to hulk, my bis and chest are big, but find my shoulders and lats hard to do.

my weak point is delts too, I found I respond really well to lots of drop sets and partials for delts, maybe you could try that.