• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting light weight but ultra slow

kindred

I have read and seen some body builders advocate lifting light but ultra slow reps. Has anyone done this? Does it work or s it a gimmik?

sounds like a gimmick to me. There is no easy way to it, you have to do something different that your body is not used to in order to make it adapt. You lift light weights etc all day long, but nobody got huge from it, because there bodies are used to it.

I find the best way to get bigger is to lift heavy weights and overload the muscle so it is forced to adapt. And each time you train try and add a little bit more to keep things on the up and up.

my spotters for now are the smith and my beloved power rack.
and I guess that is why good machines like the hammers got a place .

I guess I should add , that with an increase in weight used , good form is very important.

How about heavy chains, has anybody used this technique?
Low resistance at the bottom, bit high resistance at the top of the movement.

i've also seen alot of Huge guys, not bulk or high BF, but lean ripped muscle lifting weights but mainly its lighter weights like something id do at a warm up and they start grunting.
the purpose of it is just to stimulate muscle so it grows nothing else right?

I sometimes do the light weights but ultra slow technique. It gives me a sensational burn.
I had to rush through biceps the other day, so i did 4 sets of preacher curls, then standing curls with the long bar and imediately dropped to 5kg dumbells. My bi's were sorer than normal the following day, and it only took me 10 minutes.
I did do a good back workout first, so that would help the bi's, but the "light and slow" technique does have some merit in my eyes.

being "sorer" does not mean bigger or stronger after.

I have used chains . loved them. they helped my max lift jump considerably.

being "sorer" does not mean bigger or stronger after.

I have used chains . loved them. they helped my max lift jump considerably.

Like i said, it has "some merit". It shouldnt be the main type of training u do, but its good to throw in sometimes to mix things up.

Ever heard the term "slower u go, the more u grow"?

Whats chains?