• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kindred

I sleep at least 7 hours a day sometimes more. When i exercise i always have at least one day rest sometimes more. I drink a lot of water and eat a mixture of foods some bad some good.

To me nothing really stands out as to why i would be tired all the time. The only thing i can think of is some kind of deficency. Does anyone have any ideas?

Try this

Are you eating the same foods over and over again or maybe you could be overtraining, when was the last time you had a whole week off training. every 3 months of consistent training can lead to overtraining if you dont take a week off in between you know what, there alot of people out there that do it.

Also keeping your protein intake high, around 200gr of protein, per day from a variety of sources is also beneficial.

Bodybuilders and most serious athletes often develop the habit of eating exactly the same foods day after day, either because they assume that this is the best way of monitoring their protein and nutritional intake, or simply because of convenience. Eating the same thing over and over can be quite boring and tasteless. A diet which mostly relies on tuna and chicken for the daily protein intake for example, could be considered deficient, since nether chicken or fish has the amino acid balance required to be considered a perfect protein.

Chicken is low in some of the branch chain amino acids, {amino acids are the building blocks of protein} which are important in building and maintaining muscle mass. Eating from the same sources every day may lead to deficient in one or more amino acids, this may actually reduce muscle growth, since the body will be forced to sacrifice a muscle cell in order to access an essential amino acid.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY PROTEIN POWDERS AND SUPPLEMENTS REALLY HELP, THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE IN THEM!

I hope this helps.

theres all sorts of things that can lead to lethargy, you should visit you GP and also ask for a routine blood screen.

dehydration, low iron levels, low potassium levels, high calcium and magnesium, hypothyroidism, diabetes, high blood pressure etc are just a few.

I went to GP and had blood test everything is normal. It seems to come and go for some reason. But when it comes it can last anywhere up to a month.

it may also be worth getting your testosterone levels checked aswell, as low levels of testosterone can cause lethargy and mood swings even depression, which is what happened to me. the good news is it can be fixed. also olive leaf extract can help boost energy levels. possibly suplimenting with a good quality multivitamin and as stated above even bcaa supliments can help. not that im a product peddler but im using testosteroid which helps helps reduce the globulin that attaches to your testosterone to enable more of what is produced to be used efficiently. if all else keep hunting because there will be an answer out there!

start taking more walks , around your lunch time? what is your profession?

if your in the office lethargy and tiredness will occur. do ur 30 minutes walk at lunch. sleep MORE!. sleep an hour earlier. and yeah it usually does come and go but due to not enough acitivity. the walks and more sleep helped me

yes your doctor can check your testosterone levels around 15 and above is a good score.

the other things could be the drink, even though you may not have a hang over it still punishes your body (not in the nice gym sore way) a liver function test could help as would iron levels. a naturapath could also recomend olive leaf extract to help with energy levels too, allthough i tried it and didnt notice a difference. were all different.

I sleep at least 7 hours a day sometimes more. When i exercise i always have at least one day rest sometimes more. I drink a lot of water and eat a mixture of foods some bad some good.

To me nothing really stands out as to why i would be tired all the time. The only thing i can think of is some kind of deficency. Does anyone have any ideas?
hey Kindred, maybe find some mother's milk, this may help your lethargy.
thinkgeek_lmao.jpg

Don't drink alcohol, eat lots of veg (green ones), 7hrs a day is pretty normal sleep, I sleep 7-9 hrs a night. If your sleeping 7hrs on top of a full night sleep, than def go to the doc and see what can get checked out. Also try cutting back on the crap foods, try to avoid processed foods as they can make you feel slowed down/tired. Mate I would get a check up and take it from there, feeling tired can really wreck all aspects of your life, that can't be good for your training.

Whats your current BF%? Are you overweight? This could be the cause.

Go back to the GP and get your Testosterone and Thyroid tested, and then get a second opinion!

There are a number of things that can cause you to be lethargic, so the best thing to start with is have some time off training if you have not had a break for a while. While you are on your break, work out if you are meeting you macro and micro nutrient requirements to support what you are physically trying to achieve.