• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The man who's arms exploded

P

pak

Considered taking steroids? Watch this...

I'm sure you have seen or atleast heard about this documentary "The man who's arms exploded"
. A documentary that centers Greg Valentino who holds the record for the biggest arms in the world with a circumference of 28 inches.. In this doco he he talks about what impact steroids had onhis life and body. Along with Greg Valentino there is alos intereview with a few other Bodybuilders who are also suffering as a result of steroid use back in the 70s.

"The man who's arms exploded" looks at the world of extreme bodybuilding and the price people are prepared to pay - both financially and physically – to get to the top

Part1:
[youtube]sj3De6s3ZjQ[/youtube]

Part 2:
[youtube]vp5qXtERGHY[/youtube]

Part 3:
[youtube]ITG-IbHEYEE[/youtube]

Part 4:
[youtube]U0dmXRAKieQ[/youtube]

Part 5:
[youtube]pxzhclOpWiw[/youtube]

Last edited:
Saw that doco on SBS

So feral when he is draining the absis

Good doco. I seen another good one recently I think it was called Harder Faster Stronger and it was all about steroids. The youngest of three brothers never took them and always struggled to keep up with his brothers who became wrestlers and power lifters while he struggled for results. It goes on to show how easy it is to get steroids in America.

that doco seems like a load of shit, "even small amounts of steroids cause long term problems"..

What steroids are they talking about? Asthmatics use steroids most your girlfriends are on steroids (progesterone, the pill).

It seems like it is a scare tactic doco..

"To build these unatural muscles he needed unatural chemicals, steroids"

-actually steroids are usually 100% bioidentical chemical compounds to human androgens.

I stopped watching there.. Im not condoning steroids but the so far the doco seems uneducated.

There is one way for synthol users to stop their arms exploding.
Check out this little oil draining operation ..... nice

Make sure you watch it all now ;-)

[youtube]Gi0ff8XrLI4[/youtube]

It is a poor documentary due to poor research. Synthol is not anabolics and Valentino knows it he just wants some money and tv time. Michalik makes a really good point how we have a drug for everything and some people just jump straight to drugs. Most of the body builders on that show were average too, they should have shown the pro's thats a beyond what nature intended size not what they showed (besides Valentino).

What is not to be forgotten is valentino used 'roids along with the synthol and the reason his arm exploded was becuase he used an unsterile syringe, so he cought an infection, then he tried to self doctor himself....let's say he made many, many mistakes.

the reason his arm exploded was becuase he used an unsterile syringe, so he cought an infection, then he tried to self doctor himself....let's say he made many, many mistakes.

I think he takes bodybuilding douche of the day (year and decade) honours.

Ya that's def synthol and it's bloody disgusting!

I remember seeing that a few years ago on foxtel and just kept thinking, why the hell would anyone do that to themselves.