• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] Physical feats of Bruce Lee

R

regent

Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.

Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24 frames per second, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up.

In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.

Lee could perform push ups using only his thumbs

Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.

Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.
Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger

Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.

From a standing position, Lee could hold a 125 lb (57 kg) barbell straight out.

Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick.

Lee could cause a 300-lb (136 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick.

Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-lb (68 kg) punching bag

In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair.

Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminium metal.

Lee could use one finger to leave dramatic indentations on pine wood.

YEp he was a weapon no doubt he did things that you just dont see anymore, super fit and super strong definately one of a kind..an anomoly

Anything to back this up? I know Brucie was amazing, but 50 one arm chin ups? Far out!

Haha all my previous comments were removed thats funny. I bet the people that removed them dont even do martial arts.

maybe the 50 reps of one arm chin ups is meant to be 25 on each arm although its not impossible

The 57kg barbell straight out? For how long? That seems over exaggerated to me too.

Godzilla is a Japanese rendition of Chuck Norris' first visit to Tokyo.

Jesus can walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim on land.

Chuck Norris once participated in the running of the bulls. He walked.

Fascinating :eek:

I don't believe most of it!

Where's the evidence?More over tell me how I
can build that kinda strength!??

That would be nice.

Thanks
Devante.

Ha ha I doubt he'd be heavy enough for any of the weight classes -anyone know what he weighed?

YEp he was a weapon no doubt he did things that you just dont see anymore, super fit and super strong definately one of a kind..an anomoly

Well said.

You have to appreciate him for the gift he had relevant to his area.

Weights were really just a facet of his conditioning.... his gift was in energy transfer. A Bruce strike had "The force". Not to mention amazing precision and incomprehensible speed.

He was truly a work of art and an inspiration to all of us.

"anomoly"

Great word....... kind of reminds me of.......me.

LOL

Rob

yer i knew what i was talking about when i said wrote that post anyone can train to be strong and tough but Bruce Lee was in a class of his own. His mind and will was stronger then his body ever could of been.

Don't know much about what's written about him here, but I grew up watching the man and as I got older I admired him for his discipline and skills. Plus, I like wing Chun’s uniqueness amongst the martial arts. That's what Bruce grew up on. I believe it's the only one that came from a woman. That makes it significant since it does not focus on strength. I find that important when one is faced with a giant of an offender. I've digressed!

I liked and still like Bruce Lee.

Fadi.

yer thats right it was developed by a Shaolin nun because she was a girl she wasnt allowed to train so she made her own style

Godzilla is a Japanese rendition of Chuck Norris' first visit to Tokyo.

Jesus can walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim on land.

Chuck Norris once participated in the running of the bulls. He walked.

LOL. Got to love the Chuck Norris fact files...