• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

routine: break it up or stick to one

S

sandman

I've heard people say that we shouldn't over-do training and should just break up our routine to stay in shape. However ive always thought that I f i want to make results then I should stick to a routine.?

Still new to the bodybuilding scene , but from what i understand about breaking it up , it's to give the body time to heal and recover , train opposite muscles etc

Your initial question is not very clear.
Can you clarify it?

You need to stick to a good/suitable routine for a period of time to get results.

Consistency will pay off in the end.

There are good compound exercises like squats, bench press and chin ups, (or variations of) which you should perform consistently to build a good foundation.

What I think you are referring to is when you change routine after 2-3 months.

This is done so your muscles don't get used to the exercises so the fibers continue to tear and grow.

But you definitely need a solid, consistent routine to get in shape.