• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help needed for round shoulders

C

coop

I have naturally round shoulders that have been made worse by training just chest and bi's when i was young and clueless.

For a while now ive been smashing my back to help rectify the problem. But it hasnt really helped. Someone told me today i need to concentrate on my rear delts (an area i dont really do).

Will this help? And are there any excersises out there that will benefit me in straightening my back. My spine is not curved, its just the shoulders have rolled forward a little.

Please help as i struggle to take my shirt off due to this.

work yourrhomboids, mid and lower trapezius muscles these will help pull your shoulders back

Thanx mate. i started today. Absolutey smashed my traps and rear delts. Did 25 sets just on this small area.

Also contemplating backing right off working anything in the front of my body like chest for a while to help speed up what i want to achieve.

Whats best when working this area? One guy tells me to go heavy, another says sacrifice some weight so i can really target and isolate the muscles the traps and delts. This is one area im a bit confused on. The rest of my body i know what im doing.

Last edited:
Have you tried bench rows? This will target the upper back particularly the rhomboids. traps and rear delts. No need to do too many sets as then you will start to overtain and may not get the best results. I wouyld go heavy as you want to build mass in this area. Choose a weight that allows 6-8 reps
Try this
Deadlift x 3-4 sets
Bent over rows or dumbell rows - 3 sets
Bench Rows - 3 sets
Chin ups or pulldowns - 3-4 sets
Rear delt fly (dumbell or cables) 2-3 sets
Shrugs (bar or dumbells) 3 sets..

Thanx Shrek.

Ive been reading up on it a fair bit today and the general consensus is that its reversable with the right strengthening of the traps and Rhomboids, along with A LOT of stretching of the pecks and front delts.

Havent really gained an idea of how long it will take, but i assume because its been bad for years, it may take years to fix.

At the moment i feel people think i look good front on, but when they see me side on its terrible. I train hard but only take my shirt off when absolutely necessary. I'd love a reasonably straight back.

A thread on a similar topic started here.
//ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/7545-best-exercise-shoulder-blades.html[/url]

(couldnt post the whole link - not allowed to yet apparently!)