• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What makes a person FIT?

D

DarkShadow

Johnny is unfit, lazy and tired.

Johnny walks, runs and skips for a few months

Johnny is now fit.

What made Johnny fit? All that walking, running and skipping.. what did it actually do to Johnny that now lets him run 10 miles?

I don't understand..

what is fit
well lets look at the definition of fit
“the ability of the human body to function with vigor and alertness, without undue fatigue, and with ample energy to engage in leisure activities, and to meet physical stresses.”

Fitness is not about being thin, having a small waist, or having bulging muscles. It is a combination of qualities much the same as a farmer needs four elements for his crops to grow (soil, water, sun and air)

Physical Fitness involves Cardio Respiratory Endurance, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, and Flexibility

look at in terms of a car , you have a car blowing blue smoke(oil) leaking fluids out , so its not running to its full ability
take the car in for a service make it running smoothly again
cardio and muscular excercises helps the body to use the resources that is has , air, nutrients , trains the muscles

I want to know why someone in March can only run 1/2 a km without stopping then 3 months later after training he can run 5 km without stopping.

Did his lungs grow? Did his heart grow? Did his veins expands?

When someone stops during a run and goes "**** this i can't go on anymore".. whats actually stopping them? Not enough air? Not enough blood pumping? Not enough food energy?

This is what I really wanna know

Exercise benefits the body by increasing its capacity to take in oxygen. It increases the ability of the blood to carry oxygen. the body learns how to deliver even larger amounts of oxygen and blood to working muscles

If your body can't supply oxygen fast enough your muscle burns the glucose
That produces lactic acid And generally the greater the strain more lactic acid, there is a bit more to it but that is general discription what causes muscle fatigue

Is that what makes a horse run so fast n over such long distances?

I want to know why someone in March can only run 1/2 a km without stopping then 3 months later after training he can run 5 km without stopping.

Did his lungs grow? Did his heart grow? Did his veins expands?

When someone stops during a run and goes "**** this i can't go on anymore".. whats actually stopping them? Not enough air? Not enough blood pumping? Not enough food energy?

This is what I really wanna know

In this case you are talking about the ability for the muscles to get oxygen. I suspect.

i rekon if he can do 5 chinups
25 pushups
and 50situps
he is fit