• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

late night training.

Z

zabel

my local gym gets somewhat over crowded at times, so I'm thinking of hitting the gym later at night, around 9pm
train, get home, eat, shower and and go to bed. any disadvantages?

I read in muscle and fitness that it's better to exercise in the evening than in the morning. I forget the reason and I don't have the article with me at the moment - but if you can turn off and get to sleep when you get home, why not?

my local gym gets somewhat over crowded at times, so I'm thinking of hitting the gym later at night, around 9pm
train, get home, eat, shower and and go to bed. any disadvantages?

The only reason I personally don't like to train late in the afternoon/night is because I feel that i have more energy early in the day (anywhere from 12-3pm). I have also found not many people are at the gym during this time, obviously if you can't get in about those times.. if you feel that you can get a good workout and have enough energy then it should be fine.

As for what Stellar was saying about training in the evenings, I think the reason may be because you have had a good amount of meals up until the evening and therefore, your body is loaded up with energy.

That is the advantage of home gyms and 24 hour gyms which are in the process of springing up all over Australia.:) Within the next 2-3 years there will be a 24 hour gym handy for most people in Australian cities.

yeah bring on the 24 hour gym.

The states have heaps of them.

If you can only fit in at night, then that is better than never. The reason most people have for not doing it is that they struggle to relax and get to sleep after working out.

Just try it for 3-4 weeks, if your body doesn't adapt, try sleeping earlier but getting up earlier and hitting it then.

I know I like to get up and do my cardio at 5am if I'm not doing weights. I get to sleep pretty late so I need a couple of power naps through the day, but my head is clearest and I'm most focused on those days.

I'm trying the early morning weights next. I usually do them around midday, but can't fit that in around work and uni anymore.

The only disadvantage I can see is keeping enough motivation to do it.

i guess now that the warmer weather is upon us , it might make the motivation a bit better , but those cold winter nights make it a bit hard