• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where's that muscle

change in forums a few linked imaged missing over time , but its fixed now

filecnewfolderarticlesmvz7.jpg

mus2931e851mb0.jpg

Thanks, thats heaps handy, especially the added pic with brief workouts for what muscles

Where are the hip flexors located?
"Hip Flexors" is a functional name for a number of muscles that flex the hips.
Rectus Femoris flexes the hip and also extends the knee. So it is both a Hip Flexor and a Knee Extensor.
You can search for others ;)

^^^What TLS said.

Also, the most important hip flexors (psoas and iliacus) lie deep beneath the abs and serratus anterior, so you can't see them in that picture. Look them up.

stretches for the hip flexors

"Hip Flexors" is a functional name for a number of muscles that flex the hips.
Rectus Femoris flexes the hip and also extends the knee. So it is both a Hip Flexor and a Knee Extensor.
You can search for others ;)

I use this pose to stretch my hip flexors. Is it good enough?

powerhips1-5.jpg

I use this pose to stretch my hip flexors. Is it good enough?

powerhips1-5.jpg

Mate, that's more of a piriformis/glute stretch. you'll see in the picture her hips aren't extended at all. You need to extend the hip to stretch the hip flexor.

Google "samson stretch" for a good stretch.

This vid is worth watching through.

[YOUTUBE]JCg2UDQQPLI#t=274s[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my anatomy study atm for my exam tomorrow so I hope i'm not gonna look like a fool here:

The label of seratus anterior is actually pointing to the obliques when it should be up higher to the jagged "triangles" (serrated parts) just under the pecs/armpit which is the real seratus anterior.

Tell me i'm right haha

Doing my anatomy study atm for my exam tomorrow so I hope i'm not gonna look like a fool here:

The label of seratus anterior is actually pointing to the obliques when it should be up higher to the jagged "triangles" (serrated parts) just under the pecs/armpit which is the real seratus anterior.

Tell me i'm right haha

You are right and wrong. Your description of serratus anterior is good but on the image it is pointing to the correct position you just can not see it all due to the other musculature. It is not the best image.