• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tommy tells the story of a Test match against the Poms at the SCG. Some Poms knocked out an Aussie. The Aussie, still convulsing on the ground was picked up by Artie Beetson. Artie pushed his head into second row, Artie packed into the Front Row. Artie then kicked that Pom right in the jaw during the Scrum, nearly took his head off, broke his jaw Tommy recalls. My respect for Artie skyrocketed after that Tommy recalls :D:D:D

I'd do that for you [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] , stick your head into a Scrum while you were still convulsing :D

They were hard men in those days.

Lol. I think he only got him in the Chest. Was raking still allowed then? 5 years in the NRL, 11 Judiciary convictions. He was a one man Army at times but a bit too reckless.

It's unfortunate that the Biff has gone from Footy. It's on grass so no one's gonna die. Ban all dirty and foul play but two hard nuts throwing is fine by me. Obviously it sets a bad example for society and the kids but ...

I used to think Josh Perry was underrated

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tepINkxbmx4

One of the classics, The Chief v Munster. The Chief had some Boxing skills but you couldn't hurt Munster with an Axe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfpnqK_Ezs8

Steve Walters and Benny Elias. Walters took Elias's Test spot. "Careful Benny, I've got a Test Match on the weekend" he said when Benny grabbed him. Fabulous stuff!!!

Last edited:
im enjoying the league this year. Have hardly watched any for years because im a super rugby fan but with covid stuffing that up,and this is no slight on it but not the same with no games against Aussie or Bok teams,the NRL is the superior competition. Im awestruck at how tough strong fit and fast these guys are.

Last edited:
im enjoying the league this year. Have hardly watched any for years because im a super rugby fan but with covid stuffing that up,and this is no slight on it but not the same with no games against Aussie or Bok teams,the NRL is the superior competition. Im awestruck at how tough strong fit and fast these guys are.

For pure Power and Fitness (and probably Wrestling skills) the old timers are like Schoolboys compared to today's Monsters, but I love the old timers Grit and toughness, Plus their pure Boxing skills were better.

Growing up in the UK back in the 90’s I loved watching guys like Andy Gregory and Ellery Hanley at Wigan. This was a golden era for league.

I actually think some of the ball handling and carry skills were just as good back then. Seems to be a lot of crash work done my forwards these days and less finesse. Maybe I have rose tinted glasses ..... the good old days

For pure Power and Fitness (and probably Wrestling skills) the old timers are like Schoolboys compared to today's Monsters, but I love the old timers Grit and toughness, Plus their pure Boxing skills were better.

Power probably,a lot more emphasis on weight training these days and forwards are bigger. Fitness? i dunno,theres the interchange which means these guys can go for 20 mins then have a rest. Old school guys were seriously fit. The game was more dirty back then.

Growing up in the UK back in the 90’s I loved watching guys like Andy Gregory and Ellery Hanley at Wigan. This was a golden era for league.

Well Wigan proved around that period they were the best club in the world. Chariots Offiah was actually my favourite player,he was unbelievable. Even did it at test level,killed the Kiwis a few times. Incredible speed.

Yep, I remember when Ellery Hanely came to Australia and played for Balmain. Physically such a freak, the speed and strength and alround physical specimen.
Wigan were almost the entire GB team at one stage.
I just remember the tough Guys: McDermott knocking out Sironen, Fielding not real big but tough. North of England is it, produces those teal hard nuts?

Just reading those last 2 post boys made me get goose pimples and took me back 25+ years. Quality

I think Gordon Tallis as the most ferocious runner of the Ball (before his Neck Surgery) and Adrian Morley as the most ferocious defender. Imagine those two standing in front of you :eek:
Ruben Wiki was great to watch, so tough and hard for a smaller Prop, but all Maori's and Islanders are hard nuts.

Thoughts [MENTION=18767]simo74[/MENTION] [MENTION=20214]bannedgerry[/MENTION] [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]

Barrie McDermott says Moz couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. When your that tough punches make you laugh. Check out this clip about Moz, hilarious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfhNK5la2k