• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think Gordon Tallis as the most ferocious runner of the Ball (before his Neck Surgery) and Adrian Morley as the most ferocious defender. Imagine those two standing in front of you :eek:
Ruben Wiki was great to watch, so tough and hard for a smaller Prop, but all Maori's and Islanders are hard nuts.

Thoughts @simo74 @bannedgerry @Timeah

Barrie McDermott says Moz couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. When your that tough punches make you laugh. Check out this clip about Moz, hilarious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfhNK5la2k

Its hard to say who was the hardest runner of the ball considering the thousands? of 1st grade players. Run meters and counting tackles broken is only a recent phenomenon and so far its a penrith winger leading the run metres overall. How do u measure it? Probably the only way would be to conduct a survey of players in the NRL and ask them.

That's the thing about Ellery: he'd Squat and Deadlift a bit to be such a strong runner, but he had speed as well.

He was only 90 odd kgs but obviously very strong. You know i like to know how strong rugby and league players are in the gym but the net only offers snippets of this and that,i guess its something coaches wanna keep quiet. Marty Taupau deadlifting 300 kgs a few years back is an indication these guys could compete in powerlifting no problemo. I know the strength and conditioning coach of a reasonably good provincial team and they can lift good tin. I worked with a provincial halfback in the bush for a short time and he was only small(around 70 kgs) but could bench 130 for reps as well as work furiously every day for hours on end. Thats not including the running aspect,being fast over short distances and the ability to recover quickly and do it multiple times. I watch All Black videos and they do this and that.

Last edited:
The Teams keep those things somewhat of a secret, guess so Players can't be targeted.
There are NO weight divisions in the Jungle. As long as your still fast enough and skillful enough.

The Teams keep those things somewhat of a secret, guess so Players can't be targeted.
There are NO weight divisions in the Jungle. As long as your still fast enough and skillful enough.

Its a running sport first. No point being able to bench 200 kgs if u cant run.

Martin Lang. He wasn't naturally built for the Front Row, but every hit up he'd be putting his Body and Brain on the line. He'd get smashed, he'd turn around and take another hit up and do it all over again. I'd reckon his Mother would cry watching every match.

That's the kinda Teammate you'd bleed for. Respect.

images

Yep, he was always getting Hit toward the end of his career. "You take it to the line, you get hit" Greg Bird would say. Toovey more than others would take it to the line. He was Hard Kunt.

images

it was his defense bro,he would drop guys like Meninga with a full head of steam

Im a fan of Ben Ross, not the best Athlete, not naturally strong or anything but would take a beating. But watch the Penrith tacklers, holding Players down by the Neck. Gordon Tallis just come back from neck surgery, Ross pushes his Neck, then pushes Tallis in the Face twice with intent. Ida done the same thing as Gordo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_QE564-JQ

Im a fan of Ben Ross, not the best Athlete, not naturally strong or anything but would take a beating. But watch the Penrith tacklers, holding Players down by the Neck. Gordon Tallis just come back from neck surgery, Ross pushes his Neck, then pushes Tallis in the Face twice with intent. Ida done the same thing as Gordo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_QE564-JQ

Tallis threw the first punch. Ross defends himself and gets binned.
Next time just stand there and get pummelled????

Ross was ok, not amongst the top echelon.

8. Mark Carroll
9. Terry Newton
10. Barrie McDermott
11. Paul Harragon
12. Adrian Morley
13. Gordon Tallis

What a tough Pack!

I got no problem with this. Fielden was neck pecking, mouthing off, grabbed Willie and cocked the right. Game On! Willie did right ... right @simo74