• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your shake Recipes

Cool cheers..
Yep its for weight gain, rather than post work out top-up!
But at the end of the day, I'm not looking to achieve comp style fittness or size..
My goal is to add about 10kg to my frame without loosing my shape..
So a quality powder plus the soy should do the trick.

I purchased a blender today aswell! ;p

Ive always liked milo if i wanted to up the protein id prolly do a 50-50 mix of milo and a cheap generic protien powder. I dont take any protien at the moment but if i did thats what id do.

Post work out i have,

400ml low fat milk
a few scoops of frozen mixed berries
half a banana
a few scoops of ice cream, (its damm hot up here)
2 scoops, (30g) protein powder
blend well.

tastes great, probably a bit high in carbs, teh berries really take teh edge off the banana which i cant stand in a shakes.

My post workout shake is similar:

300ml low fat milk
200g strawberry yogurt
100g oats
1 1/2 scoops Cookies N Cream ON whey

Also a banana and a chicken sandwich (not in the shake)

a few good shakes here, except for the hulks, i really count imagine all those ingredients together, anyway how do you mix up oats in a blender do you have to soak them in water first or something or cook them, whats the deal?

Every morning I have the same shake when I wake up.

2 cups of lite milk
1.5 scoops of ON Whey
100g oats
Banana
Tblspn of Honey

Mix it up good in a blender and it tastes great. ~1000 cals ~70g potein. mmmm mmmmm

200ml Full cream Organic unhomogenised Milk
3 spoonful of barambah organics greek yoghurt
1 scoop of whey

delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200ml low or wholemilk.
50g wpi (vanilla).
1-2 tbs instant coffe.
Little bit of sweetener.

200ml whole milk.
50g wpi (vanilla).
2 tbs peanutbutter.

/Mattias

Last edited:
How do you get the peanut butter to "dissolve", I guess, or disperse throughout the shake? When I last tried this it stuck to my blender blades...

How do you get the peanut butter to "dissolve", I guess, or disperse throughout the shake? When I last tried this it stuck to my blender blades...

would it be better if u threw peanuts in to blend instead of peanut butter?

I use natural peanutbutter and i use a mixer and it´s no problem for me.

/Mattias

My breakfast shake.

500ml milk
a few cups of oats
250g cottage cheese
3 eggs
tablespoon peanut butter
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
frozen berries to taste