• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pipsyboy

Hey Guys,

Just coming back from a 15+ year lay off and was wondering if the generally accepted methods had changed.

I'm a 55 year-old and doing a 3 on 1 off split (chest/back, shoulders/legs, arms) and taking in 30g of protein every 3 hours throughout the day.

I'm making great gains thanks to muscle memory but was just wondering if I'm missing something.

Hey Guys,

Just coming back from a 15+ year lay off and was wondering if the generally accepted methods had changed.

I'm a 55 year-old and doing a 3 on 1 off split (chest/back, shoulders/legs, arms) and taking in 30g of protein every 3 hours throughout the day.

I'm making great gains thanks to muscle memory but was just wondering if I'm missing something.

Neh....your not missing anything flash, kunce now do push / pull, upper / lower bullshit full body routines but they all look like tennis players at best.
Big kunce still do the good ol traditional split.

Only thing I’d say is, legs and shoulders together is a taxing day, I’d move it around to do them separately, but if you’re feeling full of beans, go for your life.

Cheers bud. Good to know.

Hes not a competitive lifter mate,and in actual fact is as functional as a bag of rocks. The amusing thing is im 20 kgs lighter,absolutely blast him out of the water in squat and deadlift as well as explosive speed off the mark as well as endurance. His fav lift is bench and despite him taking a cocktail of steroids,doesnt bench that much more. In summary,he sucks,dont listen.

how much you weigh now?upwards of 120 kgs i bet.Loose living catches up with you grunta. Bw bench for reps i beat dat ass,i reckon you could only crank out 5 max.lol.

wrong kunce
still at 104 as I was for years
still outbench you even hung over

wrong kunce
still at 104 as I was for years
still outbench you even hung over

im not 104,im aiming for a lighter weight class and the only way to verify your claims is for you to do a bench only comp,preferably PA. Not sure if you will get waived seeing as you have a history of steroid usage but in saying that,im quite happy to offer up a handicap of sorts as long as you go bodyweight coefficient. Easy to get to as they are based in Melbourne. Something tells me Grunta is like a cockroach that is afraid of the light. I make no secret that im not a great bencher. However i can play by rules which types like you have real difficulty in doing.