• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kindred21101982

I'm very weak. I work up a sweat and get fatigued using machines on the lowest weight available.

I've been living a sedentary life for a lttle over a decade. However, I'm not sure if that accounts for how weak I am/feel. Maybe I've got something wrong medically, but nothing has shown up in blood tests, other than low haemoglobin.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

My ultimate aim is to switch from going to a gym to body weight type exercises, as I like the idea of working our wherever I am.

Honestly, I feel half dead 99% of the time. Are there any good books that start someone off at half dead and finish up with them ok. I've heard the book convict conditioning is good.

I have a gym membership until Augyst 21. I'm hoping I can figure something out by then. I'll probably use the machines until then, as I'm nowhere near max weight on any of them.

I have no idea what you real are after.
But you won't get stronger on anything much unless you have some kind of progressive overload system in place.

You like books?
'brawn' and 'beyond brawn' are excellent texts. By a guy called Stuart McRobert.

It can apply to any kind of weight training.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Follow medical advice to ensure your not ill.

The body adapts slowly but it adapts, you have to stick with training consistently. As long as your Dr OKs it, STICK WITH IT. Adaption is the key.

Concentrate on chin ups, squats and military presses. Keep a journal and just try add one rep a session then add the smallest weight incriment and try raise your reps again. If you can do atleast one chin or pull up then start by doin 10 reps, nevermind they are all singles and add 1 rep every workout, i did this when i first started and your strengtg will progress quickly! I day1 militarys, day2 squats, day3 chins day4 rest day 5 repeat. Short simple workouts just going for strength til you improve your work capacity then you can add more movements. As for being tired, lazy etc you must keep active, go for 1hr walks every day, get as much sun as you can, anything not to strenuous, it will get your bidy in the mood to move and help you recover from your resistance training. Good luck and dont forget food is fuel!
Tremendous advice!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk