Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I dont understand Deadlift Fatigue

  1. #1
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question I dont understand Deadlift Fatigue

    So i trained heavy deadlifts yesterday doing 190kg 3x3s. the first two sets felt so good. felt like i could maybe rep out 1-2 more reps but didnt push it. I rested 6 minutes between sets and then on the third set the first rep felt good, second felt super heavy and the third i could only get the bar to below my knees before i dropped the weight. Can anyone explain why the lift all of sudden became so much harder even though im having a substantial rest period.





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #2
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,799
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rest period, although important and part of it, probably isn't the root cause.

    First two sets you said you completed with 1-2 reps in reserves right?

    That's fucken heavy. Circa 90% load. Maybe even a little more. So that's most of it.

    There other part I think is condition. Is this your heaviest recent effort? What was last heavy session?

    What other training took place recently.

    No black or white answer here brother.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Raw Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 142.5kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #3
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    Rest period, although important and part of it, probably isn't the root cause.

    First two sets you said you completed with 1-2 reps in reserves right?

    That's fucken heavy. Circa 90% load. Maybe even a little more. So that's most of it.

    There other part I think is condition. Is this your heaviest recent effort? What was last heavy session?

    What other training took place recently.

    No black or white answer here brother.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    My last heavy session was on sunday and i lifted 185 3 sets of 4. note that im doing my first cycle so my recovery is super fast.


  • #4
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,799
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Drugs or no drugs. It's all the same, just recovery time is a little faster.

    How did the last session feel? Cruised through fine?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Raw Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 142.5kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #5
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammaeltdo View Post
    My last heavy session was on sunday and i lifted 185 3 sets of 4. note that im doing my first cycle so my recovery is super fast.
    and yes this is the heaviest deadlift ive ever done.


  • #6
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,799
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, off days happen...to expect to feel great and "on it" just shows a lack of experience really.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Raw Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 142.5kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #7
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    Drugs or no drugs. It's all the same, just recovery time is a little faster.

    How did the last session feel? Cruised through fine?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    the last session was similar actually. first 2 sets felt light. felt like i could easily get another rep. but then third set on the third rep couldnt lock out.


  • #8
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,799
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then it's probably just conditioning in terms of loads being used. Need to give adaptation time to happen.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Raw Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 142.5kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #9
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    Then it's probably just conditioning in terms of loads being used. Need to give adaptation time to happen.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    yeh that sounds reasonable. ive deadlifted alot in my training but until starting this program im doing now i hadnt deadlifted in almost 6 months. so maybe that massive downtime with no deadlifting has fried my stamina


  • #10
    Rookie

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammaeltdo View Post
    yeh that sounds reasonable. ive deadlifted alot in my training but until starting this program im doing now i hadnt deadlifted in almost 6 months. so maybe that massive downtime with no deadlifting has fried my stamina
    this is my 4th session of the new program, 2 weeks in


  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •