• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Exactly. It's fun.

And that's a huge part of a successful program for normal people.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

yeh i also wanna see how far i can go, i seem to have an affinity for strength. and my mate thinks i could pull 400 in 5 years.

yeh i also wanna see how far i can go, i seem to have an affinity for strength. and my mate thinks i could pull 400 in 5 years.
What are your current numbers?
Squat?
Deadlift?
Bodyweight?

Also, what makes you think you get nothing out of deadlifts?

My whole back was built on almost exclusively deadlifting. Sure I've used rows and chins etc in different training blocks here and there, but that main cause of my back growth was deadlifts.

I know. You don't need them. But they sure as shit are more fun than not doing them.

It's a hilarious notion to think they do nothing.

I never said that. I said what exactly do you want to train as a Bodybuilder, assuming you are a Bodybuilder.
Remember it´s just my opinion so do not take it the wrong way.
I would rather use more effective direct movement for development. It´s like spraying a target with a shotgun ..sure you spread the pellets everywhere but with a real rifle i can hit the bullseye.
Understand me?

Or you could hit everything with dead's, then fill in the gaps.

But yeah nah. I'm not arguing with you really.

Each to thier own.

I've just had a Tonne of fun for many years training the big basic lifts with many people whom I've come to both like very much and respect. And they are all powerlifters and strongman. And are all Huge.

If you can't tell I'm no fan of Bodybuilding as the main goal. Hahaha.

But yeah nah. I'm not arguing with you really.

Each to thier own.

I've just had a Tonne of fun for many years training the big basic lifts with many people whom I've come to both like very much and respect. And they are all powerlifters and strongman. And are all Huge.

If you can't tell I'm no fan of Bodybuilding as the main goal. Hahaha.

nothing wrong with powerlifting/strongman training ..etc.
You do get some decent physiques who are not just looking pretty but are strong but also some Fatsos too. I still like doing Stiff legged deads with fairly locked knees . I am not a weight lifting expert by any means
some of the old weight lifting lifts are hard to master. Clean & press taxes you much more that taking a bar off a rack & doing just overhead press.

Actually not ever crossed my mind to be a thonged warrior lol.. Not even a little bit. Lol

My initial inspiration came from old school strength atheletes, and pro strongman.

Strength is more fun. More useful. And more fullfilling.

Plus you build almost as much muscle mass anyway if youre smart about it.

In saying that, what I see as true bodybuilding training, it's not super different to any other strength based training. They still both require progressive overload, and use of both higher and lower intensity periods.

The super high rep stuff you see the Super Juicery Genetic freaks use is very rarely ideal for anyone of normal ilk. And the same goes for the powerlifting and strongman super Juicery freaks.

Some of those guys can just look at a dumbbell, and gain another kg of lean mass. Haha.

Most trainees don't fall into these categories.

nothing wrong with powerlifting/strongman training ..etc.
You do get some decent physiques who are not just looking pretty but are strong but also some Fatsos too. I still like doing Stiff legged deads with fairly locked knees . I am not a weight lifting expert by any means
some of the old weight lifting lifts are hard to master. Clean & press taxes you much more that taking a bar off a rack & doing just overhead press.
Nah not these days man. Only the super heavy weights have the fatsos. And even in that class, the untested fed guys are not really fat anymore.

Some of them are sure, but some are walking monsters with 150kg and only 15-20% bf MAX.

Crazy times.

Any class lifter worth his salt below about 110kg is lean.

Fuark yeah was fucking crazy. Still in man. Seen his Instagram. His size and level of BF is unreal. Early 40's I think. Looks like he'll be lean forever haha

Look up Kirk Karwoski

Actually not ever crossed my mind to be a thonged warrior lol.. Not even a little bit. Lol

My initial inspiration came from old school strength atheletes, and pro strongman.

Strength is more fun. More useful. And more fullfilling.

Plus you build almost as much muscle mass anyway if youre smart about it.

In saying that, what I see as true bodybuilding training, it's not super different to any other strength based training. They still both require progressive overload, and use of both higher and lower intensity periods.

The super high rep stuff you see the Super Juicery Genetic freaks use is very rarely ideal for anyone of normal ilk. And the same goes for the powerlifting and strongman super Juicery freaks.

Some of those guys can just look at a dumbbell, and gain another kg of lean mass. Haha.

Most trainees don't fall into these categories.

Yeah Cobber ...;) I normally train Upper/Lower split anyway so not masses of sets/Exercises.
I do sometimes to change it up do a typical split say

Back/Biceps
Chest/triceps
OFF
Legs
shoulders
OFF
OFF

if doing upper/Lower i like to mostly do
Upper OFF Lower OFF...etc
I will usually train arms with legs as arms with back,chest,shoulders is a lot of work.

Last edited:
Yeah I've ALWAYS trained fullbody in the past.

Just recently though I used a split and trained almost every single day for 6 months straight...missing only like 16 days.
Even had a huge stint in there where I essentially trained shoulders every day for like 4 weeks using the Overhead Press exclusively.

A mass monster sure. But also one of the strongest men to ever live. And probably the strongest guy to ever enter a fight like that IMO.

Strength doesn't always matter. But when you're 2x stronger than your opponent..that's fucking Huge.