• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MikeCarmody

Bit of background info, been lifting around 8 months, 17 yrs old, 177cm and around 165lbs, judging off eye test I estimate myself in the 13-16%bf range so not much fat but abs aren't visible without great lighting. All measurements are cold and flexed. What do you reckon I should focus on?

Apparently this is important in gauging body type? - Wrist 6.25 (naturally a pretty small frame)

Rest are:
Hips 32.5
Waist 31.5
Shoulders 42
Chest 40
Biceps 15
Neck 15
Legs at highest point 23
Legs just above knee 18
Calves 14

You need to work on everything.

Emphasis on the word 'focus' in the body of my question. Of course being less than a year in I can improve everywhere i was just wondering if any areas are lagging behind others or are they all around equal. If you feel like being helpful reply!

Unless you're competing very shortly the tape means Jack.
When you hit at least 90kg then think about symmetry. Otherwise you're majoring in minors.
Lift, eat, root, rest, repeat.

Last edited:
Shrek and stiffy have good advise. You need to build mass everywhere and that takes time, effort and consistency. You don’t have enough mass anywhere yet to focus on any body part. If you really want to focus on something then focus on your legs with heavy squats for a year and then see where you are at.

As above.

Lift eat sleep root repeat young fella. Don't diet down ever until a couple years in atleast. Look to get heavier. Train Hard and heavy. Take full advantage of the Endocrine Anabolic Super Storm going on within your fresh body.

Get your protein. Get your calories. Train heavy and hard with big compound movements. Be sure to hit your legs Hardest. The rest will take care of itself.

Youll be fucking huge in a couple years. Then evaluate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Shrek and stiffy have good advise. You need to build mass everywhere and that takes time, effort and consistency. You don’t have enough mass anywhere yet to focus on any body part. If you really want to focus on something then focus on your legs with heavy squats for a year and then see where you are at.

I did that,got a bigger ass and neck.

Aight I tried to cut for a couple weeks and couldn't handle it anyway so a 3 or 4 year long bulk sounds absolutely fine to me lol. more pasta and beef for me. Cheers