• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

blurplenurple

I've just gotten back into the gym after a long time off, been doing Starting Strength for a few months and doing OK with it... About to go to a split program (probably push/pull/legs) and looking for a tracking app.

Have been using the Starting Strength app and it's actually really good, it does two really handy things...first it automatically works out warmup sets for you, and second it lets you specify how many kg you want to progress each workout and it bumps each workout up automatically provided you hit the rep/set target last time.

I tried Strong and Training Program Manager, in both it seems you need to manually increase each and every set each workout, so might as well just use a notebook instead of buggering around setting up an app.

Searching the play store turns up HUNDREDS so it's a bit hard to filter them.. Is there something that works like the SS app and takes most of the thinking out of it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The SS app is simple, just hit 'start workout' and all your warmup sets are worked out based on the work set, and the work set is just 2.5kg more than it was last workout (or 5kg, or whatever you set it to). Enter your reps and if you hit em all, next workout it tacks another 2.5kg or whatever on. No thinking.

I trained with pen and paper for years (and using notes in my phone), but with the SS app I can zone out and not think about what I'm doing, which I like.

So the question isn't "How should I record my workouts," the question is "Is there an app that works similar to SS but isn't restricted to the SS program?"

Set up a simple excel template with all your weights and reps and print it off. Tick it off or fill in with a pencil as you go. If you like to keep an electronic record then enter it into the spreadsheet and save it. If you are worried about the trees then do it i google sheets and update it line in the gym.

Again I don't need advice on manual options, I'm specifically asking about apps that work in a particular way

Does anyone actually read posts here or what?

Admin feel free to delete this thread, it's going nowhere

Last edited:
Again I don't need advice on manual options, I'm specifically asking about apps that work in a particular way

Does anyone actually read posts here or what?

Admin feel free to delete this thread, it's going nowhere

I’ve tried several apps and tall sucked.
Always went back to pen and paper.

So to answer your question, none work. They are shit.

I read your post, make sure you read this one and use a fucking pen and paper.

All those workout apps are phaggy, for brain dead millenials, who need someone to hold their hand.

Whatever program you are using (SS for you), use The Google and find a free excel spreadsheet. Plug in your numbers. It will spit out a workout for that day or for the whole week.

Select all.

Copy.

Paste into your notes App.

Refer to that as you do your workout.

Even better, as everyone has told you, is that same info on a piece of paper, as then you aren't tempted to use your phone to post shots of you lookin' all ripped 'n shit on insta. Or Grinder.

Or if you want the warmups weights and worksets all done automatically, do some work...and make your own spreadsheet with the formulas plugged in to do this.

Its fucking easy AF what you are describing. Take you minutes to set it up, then copy paste til your little heart is content.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk