• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Noobienoo

Hi,
I'm 40 year old male recently getting into strength training, I don't want to get massive, I just want to get some more muscle mass, fix my poor posture and basically just get fitter and stronger so I can do sports for longer and better

I generally don't like gyms or gym workouts but.....
I have been doing the stronglifts 5x5 program with some extra TRX rows added in for about a month or so and I find it nice and simple, the increasing weight is good cos I always feel like I'm improving and getting somewhere.

Anyone else done this program?
Thanks

Yes that is what I started on.
The best thing you can do is find someone to teach your correct technique on squat, bench press, deadlift, press, chin ups and dips and provide you suitable beginner programming to allow you to progress optimally.

If you do this now you will progress much faster. e.g. get stronger in 12 weeks than in 1 year and a half years.

You need someone to at least show you the correct ways with dead lift and squats

I think 5x5 is good a simple and straight forward