• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anonymous

Before becoming a bodybuilder, Shavershian had been described as a "skinny kid"[19][8] and an ectomorph.[20] Once he completed secondary school,[13] inspired by his bodybuilder brother, he joined a local gym and began learning about nutrition and training, applying it to his pursuit of becoming a bodybuilder. He would spend three to four hours a day training in the gym.[20][21] His favourite professional bodybuilders included Arnold Schwarzenegger and Frank Zane.[20]

In an interview with bodybuilding website, Simplyshredded.com, Shavershian recalled that he originally wanted to become a bodybuilder to "impress girls". He said he would look at pictures of "shredded" bodybuilders and tell himself that he would one day be like them. Almost four years into training, he stated that:

“ I can safely say that my motivation to train goes far beyond that of merely impressing people, it is derived from the feeling of having set goals and achieving them and outdoing myself in the gym. I absolutely love it, the feeling of pushing out that last rep, and getting skin tearing pumps is something I don't see myself without.[20] ”
Prior to his death, Shavershian was the poster boy of a subculture of amateur bodybuilding in Australia, dubbed "aesthetics",[22] which he had made popular.[21] He had established his own protein label, Protein of the Gods, released in June 2011.[7] He also had a clothing line,[23] and Zyzz's Bodybuilding Bible was released on 17 May 2011, based on a compilation of bodybuilding knowledge he had acquired over his four years of training.[19][24] He asserted that the internet helped build up his brand, and it was ultimately made possible through the use of social media.[25]

On 14 July 2011, Shavershian's brother Said was arrested for possession of anabolic steroids,[10] to which he pleaded guilty after Aziz's death.[3][26] The Sydney Morning Herald covered the case, and included a photo of Shavershian.[10] He objected to the use of his picture to illustrate what was essentially an article on the misuse of anabolic steroids.[19]

When asked by The Daily Telegraph, Shavershian denied ever using steroids, and claimed that his body shape was due to hard work in the gym and a strict diet.[24] According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the company which employed Shavershian as a stripper maintained that he was "a lovely guy, aside from the steroids".[27] Shavershian often used phrases such as "riding bicycles", which, according to The Daily Telegraph, is "gym slang for using a cycle of steroids".[14]

On 5 August 2011, Shavershian suffered a heart attack in a sauna, while on holiday in Pattaya. He was taken to a hospital, where doctors were unable to revive him. His family and friends placed news of his death on Facebook. His death was confirmed on 9 August 2011 by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). An autopsy revealed a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect. His family stated he had shown several minor symptoms in the few months leading up to August 2011, including high blood pressure and occasional shortness of breath. He had a family history of heart problems.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian

Legacy? What legacy?

He lifted weights, took some drugs and posted some stupid vids on YouTube and died from heart failure, to which the drugs may or may have not contributed.

Franco Columbu died recently. Now, there’s a legend.

If you read the article, Zyzz was a big fan of Frank Zane (aka The Chemist). All the 'bro's' tend to be fans of Zane. Frank Zane took a masculine Sport and turned it into a feminine Sport of Aesthetics.

Bodybuilding used to be where Boys became Men. Where Lightweights became Heavyweights, where Backs became Forwards. Fuck you Frank Zane.

Legacy? What legacy?

He lifted weights, took some drugs and posted some stupid vids on YouTube and died from heart failure, to which the drugs may or may have not contributed.

Franco Columbu died recently. Now, there’s a legend.

Pretty sure Zyzz was Natty bro. He used to make his own Protein Powder "Protein of the Gods". A special blend.

He sold steroids to teenagers. He was a total douchebag that got what he deserved. At least he didn't breed before he karked it.

So when I see a post by some phaggyfanboi trying to re-write history, I get kinda annoyed.

Hey, I hear Hitler was a good guy too. Was natty.

Zyzz sold Roids? Or the "Crew" sold Roids? I understand they were running some pretty serious cycles but you wouldn't of thought they could've stood their ground against Bikies and other serious dealers? Spose in small circles perhaps.
This was inner Sydney fuck.

Notorious, Nomads, Comancheros just to name a few, all used to fight over that small patch of Inner Sydney. Bunch of pretty Boys running a few Roids (and dancing like fuckwitts) woulda got eaten for Breakfast.

He sold steroids to teenagers. He was a total douchebag that got what he deserved. At least he didn't breed before he karked it.

So when I see a post by some phaggyfanboi trying to re-write history, I get kinda annoyed.

Hey, I hear Hitler was a good guy too. Was natty.

I should read threads before giving glib opinions. Did not know this. Ok ive gone from mild admiration to disapproval of this guy.

Most go on about steroids being his demise while I would bet that it's the recreational drug abuse that killed him

Shit heart from birth + heaps of gear + heaps of blow + not giving a fuk = fuken dead early!
simple

Shit heart from birth + heaps of gear + heaps of blow + not giving a fuk = fuken dead early!
simple

The blow explains the dancing. Da Grunta wouldn't recommend it would he?

RkRR0C.gif

WebbedFragrantFowl-size_restricted.gif

Last edited: