• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stiff 2G

SuperDooper Member
When you train first thing in the morning, carb loading the night before is a necessity imo.

Carb loading the night before, so you can get fat while you sleep??

Currently eating Oats Mickey, what you say about that?

Try training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach WITHOUT having a carb meal the night before.

Currently eating Oats Mickey, what you say about that?

Try training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach WITHOUT having a carb meal the night before.

What do you mean by that??

I always train on an empty stomach, have done so all my life, and I certainly don't have a carb meal the night before, most recently I generally train 23 hrs fasted as I eat after training, I generally and mostly only eat one meal a day, and a low carb or zero carb meal at that. Post training meal consists of steak, or mince meat patties cooked up on the BBQ, sometimes I will add a fried egg or three and a green salad with some cubed cheese for variety and sometimes a few boiled eggs in the salad.

I don't think I have ever eaten oats in my life, I leave that stuff for the horses that have a digestive system to cope with that stuff which is basically animal feed.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that??

I always train on an empty stomach, have done so all my life, and I certainly don't have a carb meal the night before, most recently I generally train 23 hrs fasted as I eat after training, I generally and mostly only eat one meal a day, and a low carb or zero carb meal at that. Post training meal consists of steak, or mince meat patties cooked up on the BBQ, sometimes I will add a fired egg or three and a green salad with some cubed cheese for variety.

I don't think I have ever eaten oats in my life, I leave that stuff for the horses that have a digestive system to cope with that stuff which is basically animal feed.

You're a Stud Mickey.

23 hours fasted before training? How's that work - strength still improving

Bet Baz couldn't do that. Come to think of it, neither could I :D

You're a Stud Mickey.

23 hours fasted before training? How's that work

What do you mean how's that work??

You eat once a day, if you eat nutritiously dense food you generally don't get hungry that often. If you eat processed garbage then you tend to get hungry all the time as your body is craving nutrition, however if you are feeding it nutrient devoid calories you will be forever hungry and have cravings.

Calories and nutrition are two different things.

You can eat 5000 calories a day and get almost zero nutrition or you could eat 1000 calories a day and get all the nutrition you require. The first person will still be hungry and have cravings while the second will be satisfied till his body requires further nutrition. That's why nutrient dense foods leave you satisfied and full for much longer.

Humans never ate three of five meals a day, or never had snacks, it's a new phenomenon created by food companies who want to sell you all this unnecessary stuff, my daughter is 16 and she naturally eats one meal a day, usually dinner, it's actually how we are meant to eat. It's not set in stone, If I get hungry (I mean hungry, not bored feeling like I could eat something) then I will eat something.

strength still improving

Bet Baz couldn't do that. Come to think of it, neither could I :D

It actually is, but I m not training for strength at my age, I am training for health and well being. The strongest people on the planet are not necessarily healthy, quite the opposite actually they are walking a tight rope of stroke and heart attack.

I don't think Baz can do a lot if he still lives in opposite world. It seems according to him that the best strength programs make him weaker and eating copious amounts of pizza makes him lean AF.

Last edited:
What do you mean how's that work??

You eat once a day, if you eat nutritiously dense food you generally don't get hungry that often. If you eat processed garbage then you tend to get hungry all the time as your body is craving nutrition, however if you are feeding it nutrient devoid calories you will be forever hungry and have cravings.

Calories and nutrition are two different things.

You can eat 5000 calories a day and get almost zero nutrition or you could eat 1000 calories a day and get all the nutrition you require. The first person will still be hungry and have cravings while the second will be satisfied till his body requires further nutrition. That's why nutrient dense foods leave you satisfied and full for much longer.

Humans never ate three of five meals a day, or never had snacks, it's a new phenomenon created by food companies who want to sell you all this unnecessary stuff, my daughter is 16 and she naturally eats one meal a day, usually dinner, it's actually how we are meant to eat. It's not set in stone, If I get hungry (I mean hungry, not bored feeling like I could eat something) then I will eat something.

It actually is, but I m not training for strength at my age, I am training for health and well being. The strongest people on the planet are not necessarily healthy, quite the opposite actually they are walking a tight rope of stroke and heart attack.

I don't think Baz can do a lot if he still lives in opposite world. It seems according to him that the best strength programs make him weaker and eating copious amounts of pizza makes him lean AF.

If you are going to mention me at least get it close to right Mick. The one program I didn’t get stronger on was 531, hardly the best strength program. A lot of people struggled on that. Intensity, volume and progression were just too low and slow. Basically every other decent program I did worked like it should.

Pizza never made me lean. Being consistent with training and eating lower than maintenance calories made me lean.

If thats opposite world to you, good for you.

You ever get that 200kg deadlift or under 30% BF? Keep going buddy, you’ll get there one day, or not.